Notices

Here's what the AV said today

Old 12-12-2014, 11:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Here's what the AV said today

Lately I've worked through a few challenges to my sobriety, and today in a meeting a long-timer whom we all look up to told me he was impressed with how quickly I'm making breakthroughs in early recovery. It was a very kind and encouraging thing for him to say, and I appreciated the compliment. But right away the AV latched onto that. It said "you're able to do this because you're not an alcoholic. A real alcoholic wouldn't make progress so quickly. Here is proof that you are perfectly normal, and you shouldn't be showing up at these meetings where you don't belong. It's cruel to trick these fine people." It can twist anything.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

The fact that the AV made something not so good out of a wonderfully nice compliment is proof alone that the AV could not lie straight in bed, Briar.

Good on you for not buying that crapola

D
Old 12-13-2014, 12:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

oh yes, mine too is amazingly creative
Well done Briar that was great to hear
Old 12-13-2014, 12:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's so true. I've woken up on Day 8 and I feel better than I have in ages. Went to a birthday party last night and drank soft drinks. I was confident, I laughed a lot, I listened to people, I looked them in the eye, and people responded to me really positively. I know though, that is the danger zone for me. This is just the time that my AV will pipe up and try and get me to throw it all away.

So I'm gonna stay on top of it 24 hours a day and it sounds like you ve got yours too. Well done!!!
Old 12-13-2014, 12:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thats great Jack, really confidence inspiring for you. Now you know that you can do this and also enjoy it so you will know that the AV is talking crap when it whispers in your ear
Old 12-13-2014, 12:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
Lately I've worked through a few challenges to my sobriety, and today in a meeting a long-timer whom we all look up to told me he was impressed with how quickly I'm making breakthroughs in early recovery. It was a very kind and encouraging thing for him to say, and I appreciated the compliment. But right away the AV latched onto that. It said "you're able to do this because you're not an alcoholic. A real alcoholic wouldn't make progress so quickly. Here is proof that you are perfectly normal, and you shouldn't be showing up at these meetings where you don't belong. It's cruel to trick these fine people." It can twist anything.
Ignore the evil voice!