Notices

Day 47

Old 12-12-2014, 07:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 47

I don't know what it is but I've been so angry at the world latley and kinda have a short fuse around the house. I hold back a lot of it but I feel like I can explode any one of these times and get hammered up..constantly thinking about it too. Wife is going to a party tomorrow kids are gone and I'm grumpy as hell about it. I don't know how to be but I do know I want to drink right now and I also know if I do I will just be feeling like crap for a couple days telling myself it wasn't worth it. I just wish I didn't have this much anger right now it's not helping my sobriety. Maybe it's it part of it I dunno this is the longest I've been sober since I touched my first drink and drug at 16 so 19 years. Well that's my vent have a good day everyone
Old 12-12-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think a lot of us deal with anger when we sober up Josh. It;s partly because we've dampened down those kinds of feelings for so long, it's partly because our minds and bodies are still adjusting and that tends to leave us irritable...and lastly, many of us feel guilt regret and shme so we're angry at ourselves...even if other people cop the brunt of that anger.

Try staying active, exercising.., doing stuff. And try writing a gratitude list - all the things you're grateful for right now, today (or should be) - you may hate the idea but it really really helped me

D
Old 12-12-2014, 07:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks I'll try something. On Sunday I will I've been working so much overtime lately and7 days a week I'm taking a much needed day off on Sunday and relax so maybe I'll work on that with a clean mind with my morning coffee...
Old 12-12-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe you need to think a little more on balance too Josh?

D
Old 12-12-2014, 07:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Physical exertion helps me get out some of my feelings of anger--walking/running or a fast sweeping/vac of floors all through the house. If I'm really angry, I'll mop the floors. Anything to drain off some physical tension.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I wish I could balance work out a little more but in my line of work (pipefitter) there is always a push to get these jobs done and if you don't work the ot they will find someone else that will..it gets frustrating but it is what it is I guess
Old 12-12-2014, 08:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I used to want to peel someone's face off when they said "it will get better"....but here I am saying it to you because I know from experience that it is in fact true! The intensity of the feelings does level out. I hope you are able to take some time off from work
Old 12-12-2014, 08:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I concur with soberclover, hang in there