Notices

Day 25

Old 12-11-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 25

Today was weird! I was not really even thinking of drinking then out of nowhere I noticed this presence in my mind. And bam, out of nowhere within a split second I had already convinced myself that I was going to drink again. Not today or tomorrow, but there was just this thought that it was going to happen eventually. It was as if I had debated it and then made a qualified decision. However I never really went through that process. It was just implanted in my mind suddenly.

Anyway I did not drink today and I won't tomorrow. Has anyone experienced this?
Old 12-11-2014, 06:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes ! I too did not drink today nor will I tommorow
Old 12-11-2014, 06:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think that the AV can become even more tricky when it knows that it's losing the battle. You have 25 days sober which is terrific, but your AV is not so thrilled.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Very clever av. I'm noticing that when I shine a spotlight on the av, he cowers. That spotlight is my awareness. As soon as I become aware he is ok the scene, it becomes easier.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes! Those nasty little "surprise attacks" that just pop up out of nowhere. You're fine for days without a craving and then bam! - in your mind it's already a done deal that you're drinking again. That, my friend, is when you gotta have a hard core plan to sprint from any source of alcohol while you're speed dialing your sponsor to blurt out it one of "those calls" or log onto SR and reach out for immediate support. Congrats on 25 days - that's a great accomplishment.