Notices

Struggling

Old 12-11-2014, 03:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Stay positive.

Struggling

Today I am 14 days sober and physically I feel really good. Today was my first really bad "emotionally" day sober. To start I was 20 minutes late for work this morning because the road I live on was a complete sheet of ice and no one salted, so cars were everywhere and cops shut the road down completely, making me detour. Upon arriving to work (I'm a special Ed teacher) one of my students had a complete nervous breakdown and I spent two hours doing damage control and calming them down (that was fun). Then after that circus I got reprimanded by my supervisor for something that happened on Tuesday and was completely out of my control. It just made me feel like ****... Then I got into an argument with a coworker who has nothing better to do than worry about what I'm doing.. She has been after me since September and is just a miserable woman, And I just had it with her and completely called her out on it... It didn't end well, so now I am anticipating another call back from my boss. Then upon arriving home to my apartment my landlord decided to leave a note saying I need to not run over the grass when I pull out... I looked at the area she was referring to and literally an inch of my tire mark was there. Not a big deal that she said something, but it just made matters worse. To end this terrific day I went to the grocery store and went to pay and left my wallet in my other purse. Had to leave and come back... Just was not a good day all around and it frustrates me that I can't drink because I could really use one
Old 12-11-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Hugs))) I hope things get better for you soon.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I feel the same today, though it wasn't necessarily a bad day, just a long one.
Let's both just not drink today, things will probably feel better tomorrow.
Xoxo
Old 12-11-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi BlueEyes...congrats on two weeks

you may not know it but you're already learning how to deal with stress sober...the next time you have a bad day (hopefully not too soon) you'll handle it better.

Try and think of some healthy ways to destress - exercise, bubble bath, funny movie chocolate?

D
Old 12-11-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

All of those things would happen whether you were drinking or not. None of those things would be better with drinking. At least you are sober and can interact with people with clarity. I think it's normal to be so "raw" in early sobriety. I'm almost 8 months and still feel very raw, like any little thing rubs and hurts. I know it's better than when I was at say 30 days, because on top of dealing with emotions I was struggling with the obsession to drink. I just keep telling myself none of my problems will improve with a drink. I think you seem to be handling things very well considering. Keep up the good work
Old 12-11-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Getting through a difficult day like this will make it a bit easier the next time. You are learning how to manage the tough days.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Hey blueyes618- I just wanted to say nice job with staying strong! You seemed to handle the temptation for booze pretty well, so that's one thing positive that you can take from this not-so-good of a day. At least you know that you can in fact stay the course, even when things aren't so rosy.

Again, nice job.

Lusher
Old 12-11-2014, 05:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow, blueeyes! Any of those things would make for a bad day! Sometimes days like that I just go to bed early with a cup of tea. Nothing like throwing the covers over your head some days
Old 12-11-2014, 05:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey blueeyes and Jsbodhi, I'm having a really rough one too. And I keep having thoughts of drinking. Things like, if I drink I won't be so lonely or so sad. If I drink, I won't feel like such a miserable human being. If I drink I won't care about any of my problems for a little while.

Let's just stay sober together. We don't have to drink over any of this. It's only a few more hours till today is over.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi BE618, nice job with handling this day without hitting the booze, that's exactly what this forum is about. Hit the keyboard and get support rather than hitting the bottle. You'll feel so much better in the morning when you wake up sober and have another day of sobriety under your belt!
Old 12-12-2014, 03:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I hope today is a better day for you blueyes. You should be proud that you got through a rotten day without drinking over it. Well done! Congrats on 14 days.
Old 12-12-2014, 03:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hate days like this-the old "when it rains it pours" thing. Hope today is better for you.