Notices

Aahp

Old 12-11-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Aahp

I just found this on reddit and it's genius.

I went to AA for a bit, and they encourage prayer, whatever, and the closest I could get was, "To all the gods and goddesses that may or may not care..."
Then, I found it easier to address my prayers to Aahp, pronounced 'aahp'. That's short for Alcoholics Anonymous Higher Power. And, if you go to the meetings and read their book, Aahp isn't such a bad deity.
Aahp is a doppelganger. It shape-shifts and looks like whatever the believer needs it to look like.
Aahp doesn't want your money. It wants you to pay for some pamphlets and rent your ****** folding chair. Both reasonably priced.
Aahp does not proselytize, force or seek converts. (Some US courts force people to go, but that's not Aahp, and pretty much everyone thinks that practice is ********.)
All Aahp really wants is for those who need it to be sober, and happy, joyous, and free.
And, now, I realize I've gone-off on a wall-of-text about Aahp. Sheesh, may Aahp help us all.
It's sort of out of context like that but ..... doppelganger, shape-shifte ..... genius I tell ya.

For those so inclined, here's the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Showerthoug...way_to/cms3bc1
Old 12-11-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's awesome.

Reasonably priced, absolutely. Aahp is a shape-shifter. Love it.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i came up with gomu a while ago.
and that was before i figured out awuh. the acronym, not the person

and i like gil, but that one i read in a Quaker book and it's the acronym for guiding inner light. which seems very close to the unsuspected inner resource mentioned in the BB ("With few exceptions our members find that they have tapped an unsuspected inner resource which they presently identify with their own conception of a Power greater than themselves. ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, pp. 569-70")
Old 12-12-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Now a days, I pray to "Wrtu".

Whatever Runs The Universe
Old 03-03-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I still just pray. Where it goes and to who is no concern of mine! I'm only interested in the beneficial effects. Having "beliefs" just seems to get in the way.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by paulmh View Post
I still just pray. Where it goes and to who is no concern of mine!
If a HP is omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent - do we really need to address the envelope?

I'm only interested in the beneficial effects. Having "beliefs" just seems to get in the way.
"All expectations are seeds for resentment."
(the original Laozi old man)