Notices

so i dranked

Old 12-10-2014, 07:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

so i dranked

Been on a binge all day can't believe i let my boss get me here... an it didn't solve anything..im still afraid to go to work tomorrow but now have a headache.... then i went to get more but just keep staring at the bottle.... y did i let the stress of the job do this to me..... im such an emotional idiot... im a weak fool....
Old 12-10-2014, 07:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It happens to the best of us. If you can, stop now. Drink water.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I'm sorry you used this situation as an excuse to drink; but, you are not an idiot or a fool. You are an alcoholic and when something like this happens, your first thought is to drink it away.

Pour out the alcohol, drink some water and take some Advil, Tylenol or aspirin and go to bed. Tomorrow, you might still feel lousy, but go to work anyway.

Also, you need to buck up your support for times like these. Go to more meetings, hang around here, or whatever you need to do so that the next time you want to drink, you will reach out for help first.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The one thing I've learned is that "the boss" didn't make me do anything. "The stress of the job" never made me drink. I chose to drink. I made a conscious choice to pick up that first drink "because of" stress, my boss or spouse's dissatisfaction, because a football game was on ... I have found it helpful to stop saying "because of" .... You can get through any bad experience without drinking. It will be uncomfortable at first but you will deal with things with a clear mind, in a dignified manner. Our circumstances don't "make us" drink, we choose to drink, in spite of our better judgment . Good luck to you and I hope you can put the drink down and move forward !
Old 12-10-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

See how much of a depressant alcohol is? Makes a bad situation so much worse!!! I've learned that the hard way.
No time for self loathing, tomorrow is a new day. Get back on the sober train, don't let other people dictate the course of your life, your boss belittles you because she can and she doesn't feel good about herself.
Don't let her take your power away, you deserve better
Xoxo
Old 12-10-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I know it was me who drank... i need to be stronger.. today i drank a half pint an three beers... i have another half pint (not open) an two beers left... i just don't
Old 12-10-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by tonib View Post
Been on a binge all day can't believe i let my boss get me here... an it didn't solve anything..im still afraid to go to work tomorrow but now have a headache.... then i went to get more but just keep staring at the bottle.... y did i let the stress of the job do this to me..... im such an emotional idiot... im a weak fool....
Time to take action Toni. You have 2 completely separate issues to deal with here...your drinking, and your job. If you keep drinking, you'll most likely lose your job eventually anyway, and the chance of getting a better one. So I'd suggest working on the drinking first if you can....dump out what you have, drink some water and get some rest if you can tonight. You could try a meeting tomorrow, see a doctor or coubselor, spend some time here or all of the above.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi Toni...just wanted to say you're not a fool, you have an addiction. I hope you choose to throw out the rest of the alcohol tonight and choose to give sobriety another go tomorrow.
Sitting with you tonight, my friend.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Read Scott's post a few times toni - it's spot on

D
Old 12-10-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I just feel foolish because i know the outcome but continue to do it... i know drinking doesn't take it away... i know i will feel lousey tomorrow.. i know it makes me not such a nice person... i know it makes me fat an ugly..but i keep doing it..
Old 12-10-2014, 08:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

We all knew the bad outcomes but continued to drink, that is what makes us alcoholics. We don't like to fast forward that tape to the end though unfortunately Keep your head up, tomorrow is a new day and today can be the last time you ever drink!
Old 12-10-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Tomorrow try to remember how you felt today!
My last drinking episode was pathetic.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Toni, we could all see this coming and you really need to get a grip here. The guys are right there are two issues 1) drinking 2) job

You will not be able to fix number two without fixing number one. Quitting drinking is totally within your control. You were stressed and you chose to drink so now please choose to never do that again. Your drinking weakens you and prevents you from dealing with all the other things in your life. You really need to pull yourself together here.

Regarding your work I would have told you to go and request a meeting with your boss. To sit down with her and hell her that you are unhappy with the way she speaks to you and ask her directly whether or not she has a problem with the quality of your work or anything else related to your employment with the company. If she says yes then ask for details and hear her out. If she says No then tell her that you expect to be treated with respect and professionalism. Now that you have called in sick and got drunk I think you need to wait until next week to do this and clear up your head over the weekend.

Toni....stop feeling sorry for yourself. Drop the booze and take charge of the situation at work.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yes, what ubnt said about meeting with your boss. Go to work tomorrow and don't meet with your boss until next week when you have had some time to sober up and collect your thoughts. Chances are you will smell of alcohol and if you are like I was, still have alcohol in your system. I could just not stop drinking and would drag myself to work, reeking.

Your boss didn't do this to you, you did this to you. Just like I did it to me but I wanted to blame it all on everyone else. I think you know that by now and my heart is with you. I've been there.

Dump the booze. Go to bed. Do not under any circumstances venture out of the house to buy more if you have finished what you have in your home. Go to bed. You are not a bad person. You are not a horrible person. You can do this but I'm thinking you need more support in your life. Can you go to treatment?
Old 12-10-2014, 10:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Toni-- I just read through a lot of your posts over the past 5 months. You might want to go back and read them as they may reveal some patterns to you. As I was reading I kept thinking of that movie "Groundhog Day". Might help you identify some things you can change to keep sober. Acceptance is key. Sending you good thoughts and prayers. Love, love
Old 12-10-2014, 10:39 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Journey of Sobriety

Toni, please just dump out the rest of the booze. You will feel liberated.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:07 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thoughts and prayers that you are able to break this cycle Toni...
You hate/blame your job...drink....which keeps you at the mercy of a job you hate. You need to dig down deep to your mettle to get sober in order to get out of this cyclical nightmare...

Quit using the job to drink and instead, use sobriety to get out.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tonib View Post
You are learning. All of us who have quit have failed over and over again.. You must embrace yourself to quit. Accept this failure, learn from it and choose a better life. I would have never quit without thousands of horrible mornings and knowing I was living in failure. I had to forgive myself and choose the right path. You can do this and you surely deserve it, we all do!
Old 12-11-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
The one thing I've learned is that "the boss" didn't make me do anything. "The stress of the job" never made me drink. I chose to drink. I made a conscious choice to pick up that first drink "because of" stress, my boss or spouse's dissatisfaction, because a football game was on ... I have found it helpful to stop saying "because of" .... You can get through any bad experience without drinking. It will be uncomfortable at first but you will deal with things with a clear mind, in a dignified manner. Our circumstances don't "make us" drink, we choose to drink, in spite of our better judgment . Good luck to you and I hope you can put the drink down and move forward !
The poster is correct , your boss didn't make you drink , you did