Notices

Emotions. And *Riding the wave*

Old 12-10-2014, 11:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Emotions. And *Riding the wave*

Yeesh what a couple of days these have been.

I'm 69 days sober now...Tomorrow will mark 10 weeks sobriety.
I'm getting there! Come Hell or High Water. I will awake sober tomorrow.

But my lord...My emotions are slightly...Volatile? Right now. Last night i could NOT sleep for the life of me. Thoughts racing for no freakin reason.
Well maybe that ain't true...We've got a new apartment lined up for next month January 15th. Lots of stress popping up because of it.

Furniture needed? Check...Money needed? CHECK...Have to pay RENT again?...CHECKKK. (Been at home for a couple years now...But time to move on!)

I was awake until 3:00 AM last night. Today my thoughts once again are all over the place...Urges to drink are occurring with a scary persistence.

I AM NOT GIVING IN TO THEM. I've got a doctor appt scheduled for Friday morning. I'm going to discuss this week with him.

Have an AA meeting to attend tonight. Really would rather go home and relax/sleep...But i know if i don't go ill let myself further disconnect from the solution.

I am sober today. I will be sober tomorrow. But feel like i need some relief...Right now this is NO fun. ;(

*Starts playing Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack*...Well that's a bit better...
Old 12-10-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Moving ranks high on the stress generator chart!!!!

Maybe you can try to do a little each day to get ready for the move so that you are not overwhelmed at the end; it might help to know that you are making progress and moving in the right direction.

Wow; 10 weeks tomorrow; can't wait to celebrate with you.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

oooohhhh. New apartment! I love new places.

When I last moved, I didn't have all the furniture, either. All you really need is some blankets, pillows and internet hookup, right?

I have a friend who lost everything in a fire. He lived very simply after that. I kind of envy those who do with less. I have more junk than I need. What do you need? I'm sure I have two - I'll send you one.

It's all going to work out fine. You'll love your new place and you'll be sober in your new life! Congrats.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi, congrats on 10 weeks

Ah, the moving... I did it so many times in my life, all over the map. I even set my whole lifestyle to accommodate this nomadic preference and never accumulated much surplus. Quite minimalistic and utility-oriented. I also know how it is to camp in a new empty apartment for a while... Right now I also want to find a new place and have been looking in the past month. Just found a really great one last week, unfortunately the landlord won't wait and I cannot move in in January so it'll be someone else's. I was a little pissed because I really liked it. Oh well. I think I'll resume the search after the holidays.

Try to find something relaxing that you can do easily and of course it does not involve going near the booze. All the best to you
Old 12-10-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

10 weeks is awesome!!! Way to go!!!
Old 12-10-2014, 12:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
learning to live

Hey Finding...First, breathe and repeat and remember this too shall pass, IT WILL! And you will be on the other side in no time....stronger and in a better place. The only way out is through. It is hard to see now but what we call set backs/stress etc at the time are just little humps we get past and look back on as learning experiences that made us stronger.

This post touched me because I always relapse around 60-70 days. I know those obsessive drinking thoughts that invade my mind around that time. I am trying so hard to do everything different this time so it wont happen again. I am determined. One thing I do know every single time I relapsed I found myself two more steps behind from where I started the last time. So much growth was set back for a stupid relapse that I just wanted the H### out of! If you are like me a relapse does not involve a day or two and unfortunately in the midst of it my mind gets so twisted and all of my priorities fall the side and it is hard as H%%% to get back on track.

I don't know what to do to get past this as I never have but any advice from the awesome people here would be great! I am 52 days sober now and happy as a clam. I try not to fear the future but when I see you struggling it scares me because I know that same feeling!

All I can tell you is DO NOT DO IT! It is not worth it. Don't waste any more time learning the same lessons....and missing out on blessing. Ironic that was a quote I used today in 24 thread. It applies here perfectly.

Stay strong Finding. You have worked so hard for this! Maybe take up a new hobby right now? Classes at the gym, start reading a new book, start a motivational journey, start running or anything that will take your mind off these things and drinking. Maybe an AA meeting or SMART meeting is in store just to surround yourself face to face with people who relate. Try to keep everything balanced and remember NOTHING at all good comes from drinking with people like us. It is a merry go round that has to stop with no more drinking, ever. And that's OK. Life is SO much better without it. We have so much to gain in sobriety BUT nothing at all is to gain from drinking again.

You got tons of support here. Hang around and I know you can do this! Imagine this; feet up in your new apt, holidays over, a new fresh year CLEAR minded, more healthy, happier, stronger, peaceful etc etc etc the items are endless because YOU made the DECISION not to drink over this.

Huge hug if nothing else friend
Old 12-10-2014, 12:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
learning to live

..as a side note here...I relapsed the day I moved into a new place. Looking back I blame it on change which at the time scared me. I felt lost in it. One thing I learned recently is to embrace change and take it all in with a clear mind. The stress was a trigger for me also, but we have to remember we will get through this. The other side is waiting for us and even though it feels like chaos now it wont be forever!
Old 12-10-2014, 12:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey finding - I moved a few months back - it's stressful...and I think it's stressful for everyone, alcoholic addict or not.

give yourself a break. You know you're not going to drink, and it's normal to feel stressed

Believe me, Jan 15 is a decent amount time to get things totally organised

my advice is make a list of everything you need to do...go through the list, day by day as you can....pack up what you can and live off a small cache of everyday items

when thats done try and look into things that relax you - whether it be relaxation techniques, guided meditation, bubble baths, playing music, exercising or what...make sure take time out every day to try and relax.

You will have a successful move - it'll be ok

D