Notices

Ahh that dam Beer Can!!

Old 12-10-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Journey of Sobriety

Arrow Ahh that dam Beer Can!!

So last night at around 10:30pm I badly wanted a fizzy drink! Really anything carbonated. So I was just staring at the beer cans in my fridge (they belong to my boyfriend). I wanted one so bad. So I decided that although it was late I would walk to the store to get some Fresca to control that craving. Also I decided I just wanted a bit of junk food (lately I have been craving sweets).

Any how, all night after I came home I drank a can and a half of Fresca, ate some junk food, and watch mind numbing TV. To be honest I quite enjoyed my self because I was being so productive all week that having an evening to indulge. Unfortunately my couch is so comfy I fell asleep. My Boyfriend wakes up this morning at 6am (usually an hour after me). And what does he see two Fresca cans on the table beside me and a BEER can! He grabbed the beer can to see the label, then put it back down and looked disappointed. THIS WAS NOT MY BEER!!! I went through a lot of work NOT to drink any alcohol- This empty beer can was one HE left on the table, but of course because he was drinking he didn't remember putting it down (he doesn't get blackout drunk or anything, he just doesn't really clean up after his beer cans). Anyways, how do I bring it up to him that I did not relapse without sounding guilty??? Since my confession to him of my alcoholism, he is a bit paranoid of my secret drinking and it was the evenings after he went to bed that I would binge drink.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would just tell him that now that you are not drinking, you would appreciate him cleaning up his own beer cans.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I am glad you did not pick up but I think it is time for you to have a heart to heart talk with your boyfriend. Obviously, him keeping beer cans and also not throwing away his empties is bothering you.
Tell him exactly what you just told us here.
Maybe you could come to a compromise where he does not keep beer in the house but if he wants to have a couple after work, he can just pick them up at the convenience store and drink them (and recycle them!!!)

Ps: I m assuming that you two live together. If this is your place, then just make it a dry house and tell him you do not want alcohol in your house.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Journey of Sobriety

Thanks, I think you're correct. I should just explain to him why that beer can was there and ask him to clean up after himself. Thanks, I was definitely over thinking it!! Been doing that a lot lately.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
quat

Big huge seconding of Carlotta's , and over thinking is way better than underthinking, goodonya
Old 12-10-2014, 12:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Trudgin

I wouldn't say anything.......
I have found I have enough of my past to deal with and clean up without trying to make myself accountable for something I didn't do.

More will be revealed......let him figure it out
peace