came home WASTED

Old 12-08-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

came home WASTED

So my A is going to treatment. YAY! .....oh wait... hold the phone!

Drunk as all get out tonight. Passed out in bed right next to me now...sawing logs. Lovely.

I knew not to be too hyped about this treatment thing... now he's about 85% sure he's going. Whatever!

Ok here is what is pissing me off at the moment.

I'm sure he will go. I feel like he is using the excuse ( I'm going to treatment in a few days) to get totally wasted. So...he had to get an advance from work today so I could put gas in the car, make my doctor appt., and make my finals this week. An ADVANCE. I really appreciate that...I do! And I am grateful.

So what does he do with the money that he got advanced? Gave me 60 ( out of a 100) to put gas in the car and comes home with a case....meanwhile my son has a hole in his jeans that is HUGE. He simply can't wear them any more...plus he still wets the bed and dribbles sometimes so they smell like pee. Poor guy. I TOLD my A --TJ needs new pants! Oh sure, no problem, says my A. I'm just so scared and worried about treatment..blah blah blah.

So the money for clothes went to his beer. F this! F this! F this!! He's digging me further in the hole because of the advance and spent it on BOOZE!!

He said...I don't need treatment. I can go another 35 years like this.
Me: oh I doubt that...your body can't take anymore and neither can your soul.

Him: all I want is another 10-15 years.

Me: Ok and so you want to die when our grandchildren are coming into the world?

Him: F them...they can raise their own damn kids.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm telling you guys---the rollercoaster never ends.
He is going to run off to treatment and get as effed up as he possibly can before he goes and run us even further in debt.

Doesn't sound like a guy who wants to get sober to me.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sadly, you are right in everything you say. He isn't ready. He won't be ready until he wants it for himself.
You deserve more. You will get more when you are ready to walk. It took me a year and I'm only a week with no contact, but I feel strong and happy. That day will come for you.
Hugs to you and your family
Old 12-08-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Oy. Actually, his behavior isn't that unusual (blowout before rehab), but how awful for you to have to deal with it.

Hugs,
Old 12-08-2014, 08:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So sorry Fts, I'm here for you.

((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))
Old 12-09-2014, 03:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have this friend that really put on a lot of weight. She complained all the time about the weight gain and kept saying she was going on a diet. So she signed up with some company and bought all the foods and supplements. She called me and says Let's go out to dinner tonight I start my diet tomorrow. I have never seen a Human consume as much food as she did at that dinner.

She did not start the diet the next day nor has she ever.

To me, when someone is done with something they are done. No need for a "final celebration" to over indulge with the justification that you aren't doing it anymore. Whatever.

Sorry you are going through this.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Some people binge before rehab. And some people lie about wanting to go to rehab. Don't listen just watch, his words have no meaning what so ever. He promises money...but holds onto it instead of handing it right over? Time for you to get a second job or third. It's your life, you are enabling at this point. Alcoholics...wait for it...LIE! They are masters at saying maybe, possibly, sometimes, (85%), etc. when they actually mean no.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Stoic

Originally Posted by freetosmile View Post
He said...I don't need treatment. I can go another 35 years like this.
Me: oh I doubt that...your body can't take anymore and neither can your soul.
Him: all I want is another 10-15 years.
Me: Ok and so you want to die when our grandchildren are coming into the world?
Him: F them...they can raise their own damn kids.
The selfishness of an active alcoholic is amazing.

It's obvious that he doesn't think of his family in the slightest...his only priority is himself.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sadly, it does sound as if he is not ready to quit.

Sorry you have this to deal with.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

i'm thinking that plan B is calling!
Old 12-09-2014, 07:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
i'm thinking that plan B is calling!
Unfortunately I think you might be right. I'm going to detach from this and wait to see what type of follow through he has.

Until then, I'm going to focus on Christmas and I have three final exams this week! Microbiology, Anatomy and physiology, and pathophysiology. Yikes. So far I have an A in micro, a B in A&P, and a weak B in Patho. So even if I don't do so hot on the finals, I should be ok. I HAVE to have B's in order to get into the last year of the RN program. And I have some very difficult placement tests coming up in another month. I'm an LPN now and in order to place in the last year I have to test out of the first year. UGH.
I'm 32 years old! I want to be DONE with school! Actually my intentions are to go on and get my advanced practice license so I can treat my own patients. But I'd like to go into alternative medicine.

I'm rambling. Sorry
Old 12-09-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Recovered

BTDT. I wasn't anywhere near done yet. I went on for another 6 years. What is your plan to take care of you? You need a plan as much as he does!

Glad you are here.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You're not rambling, you are dreaming and planning your future.

That's a good thing and I enjoy reading it.

I think alternative medicine is a great idea, and more certs always will help your future.
Good luck on your exams
Old 12-09-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

freetosmile....I can identify with your future plans. I will share with you---I had been an R.N. for 12yrs.(last 4 of those were in psychiatry--my first love). When I was your EXACT age--LOL!...I was in my 2nd. Year of a physician's Assistant Program at the local university medical school. I was the single parent of 3 young children, at the time...I had divorced my narcissistic father of the children (to save my sanity). In a class of 40 students,,I was the only one with children! It wasn't easy...I can attest to that..but, there is no way in hell that I could have managed that if I had to drag the carcass of someone who was a burden to me. It was survival time--100%--for me and my kids!
Anyone who was less than supportive of me...I didn't give a second glance.
I cut everyone out of my l ife--except for those friends who said "hey, girl, you can do it!" or "what can we do to help out?". During those two years, my life changed completely...for the better;better;better!

I have proven many times: We don't have any idea of how strong we really are until it is the only option left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I encourage you to put your own welfare as the first priority. Everything elsw will, then, fall into place. I promise.

dandylion
Old 12-09-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
freetosmile....I can identify with your future plans. I will share with you---I had been an R.N. for 12yrs.(last 4 of those were in psychiatry--my first love). When I was your EXACT age--LOL!...I was in my 2nd. Year of a physician's Assistant Program at the local university medical school. I was the single parent of 3 young children, at the time...I had divorced my narcissistic father of the children (to save my sanity). In a class of 40 students,,I was the only one with children! It wasn't easy...I can attest to that..but, there is no way in hell that I could have managed that if I had to drag the carcass of someone who was a burden to me. It was survival time--100%--for me and my kids!
Anyone who was less than supportive of me...I didn't give a second glance.
I cut everyone out of my l ife--except for those friends who said "hey, girl, you can do it!" or "what can we do to help out?". During those two years, my life changed completely...for the better;better;better!

I have proven many times: We don't have any idea of how strong we really are until it is the only option left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I encourage you to put your own welfare as the first priority. Everything elsw will, then, fall into place. I promise.

dandylion
Very inspiring! Thank you so much for this post. My grandma always said, "the world can take a lot of things away from you- but they can never take away your education." I think of that often and how it will be and is necessary to rid myself of the toxic relationships. Especially since it is so vital to me reaching my goals.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

freetosmile....absolutely!! I agree that you MUST rid yourself of toxic relationships....because the psychic drain while you are under such pressure to perform will just be sure to sabotage your goals. I cannot emphasize that enough.
Of the few guys in my program that were married when they entered--all but one was divorcing by the time they finished.
I considered myself lucky!!! (no relationship to lose).

My grandma was always my "guiding light" also.....

dandylion
Old 12-09-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hugs, tight hugs.