Christmas Light Success.....

Old 12-08-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Christmas Light Success.....

So....my X did not do much around our house. For the most part, not much changed when he left as far as work around the house. It got easier b/c it was one less person for me to pick up after.

That being said, the one thing that has always been his deal was the Xmas lights. My older DD said we needed more lights as I had just put on the minimal couple things, none strung on the house. She said if I would buy them she would hang them.

So, yesterday I went and bought them and together we got them on the house. It was hard work. My neighbor offered to come help, but we decided we could do it! And we did!

I cannot wait for my X to see them LOL b/c they are way better than he did, and my DD and I did it all by ourselves! Yay for us!!!!
Old 12-08-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What a great story..my AH has always done the lights too. He tends to go overboard; sometimes less is better! But I can see what a great sense of accomplishment it would be to be able to do all of those things, and better, that the ex use to do. Good for you guys
Old 12-08-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I do the lights every year, so for me it was no different this year . I got them out of the attic and hung them with my DD and DS help. It's unfortunate but feels great not to have to depend on anyone. Congratulations on hanging them yourself!!! I bet they look fantastic.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I had to "open" for my home group (AA) meeting last night, and the guy I asked to speak told a story about his "control" tendencies wherein he finally forced himself to allow his teenaged boys to put up the lights for the first time. He kept pacing around, watching them from the window as they got up on the roof with the staple gun. He suddenly heard a lot of yelling and laughing, and it turned out one kid had stapled the pants of the other kid to the roof!

It was a great story, I could just see it.

So there's one thing to be grateful for--you didn't get stapled to the roof. Yay, you and DD!!!!
Old 12-09-2014, 09:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good job It's the little things... Happy Holidays
Old 12-09-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lexie, this made me laugh!!!

My DD was on the ladder and I had her pants by the beltloop, she did not like that much, but eh....

I will tell her it could have been worse, I could have stapled her to the roof!

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
I had to "open" for my home group (AA) meeting last night, and the guy I asked to speak told a story about his "control" tendencies wherein he finally forced himself to allow his teenaged boys to put up the lights for the first time. He kept pacing around, watching them from the window as they got up on the roof with the staple gun. He suddenly heard a lot of yelling and laughing, and it turned out one kid had stapled the pants of the other kid to the roof!

It was a great story, I could just see it.

So there's one thing to be grateful for--you didn't get stapled to the roof. Yay, you and DD!!!!