Notices

Agitated

Old 12-07-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Agitated

Another Day 3 for me. Not great but at least not another day 1. I've had a few day 3s and 4s since November but today I was super irritable. Could this be results of less alc intake over the weeks. I never used to have day 3s and 4s. Never was this moody either. Don't get it. I'm also not feeling rested. Home now and going to bed so not drinking tonight. I'll have a day 4 tomorrow. The night is what worries me. That's my craving and av time. Just don't know why I was soooo cranky today.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah, I was cranky and had bad dreams about that time.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good point. I had two nights of crazy bizarre dreams in a row. Nothing to do with drinking. Just really strange dreams. Thanks for replying. So it's not unusual I guess.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm on day 16 and still having crazy dreams. I've had 1 drinking dream. Disturbing.
Charlie, it's OK to be cranky. Just don't drink.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks. It's been a struggle getting past day 4s for me. I'm good tonight. Just can't sleep. Not sleepy. Used to medicating myself to sleep (drink). Not tonight. Gonna have to tough it out. Probably contributing to the moodiness.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Charlie, I think its fine to be cranky. I'm on day 6 Monday and i'm moody as hell. Last week was EXTREMELY rough dealing with the withdrawals so today is better than that. I think about it like i'm changing my entire life and its not gonna be easy or smooth so I think your doing just fine. Go for another sober day tomorrow!
Old 12-07-2014, 09:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks. Office Christmas party this coming Friday. That'll be a challenge but I just have to try to get through tomorrow. I'll worry about Friday on Friday.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Do you really need to go Charlie?

D
Old 12-07-2014, 10:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I really don't want to. I'm one of the bosses and MY bosses would frown upon my absence. They go so far as to ask for verification (proof) if you can't attend these things. Otherwise you are not a "team player". They don't care if you drink or not. Just that you attend. I usually stay an hour or two and duck out pretty quickly after I show my face. But I will have managers on my level looking to "have a cocktail" as I have in the past with them. I am not disclosing that I'm trying to stop drinking. I don't need them looking at me through a microscope after an admission like that. Not ready to really tell anyone around me. Only one who knows is my wife and my best friend knows I'm dealing with alcohol "issues"
Old 12-07-2014, 10:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

That, plus the fact that night time is a trouble for you, all sounds pretty difficult.
What's your plan?

D
Old 12-07-2014, 10:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It is. My plan is to get through the next 24 hours and not drink. Friday will come, I'll start with a soda (only me and the bartender need to know it's just soda) and I'll skip out pretty quickly. I don't really enjoy the company of the people at this thing. It's more political that I show up and be seen. Maybe I'll have a story like another function to go to. That would fly. It is after all a Friday night. I paid for my ticket to the event as it is. But if I could pay my way and not go without flack I would.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you need a more detailed plan, man.

what are you gonna say if someone offers or buys you a drink?
what if there's toasts?

what your plan if your AV kicks in?

I'm not trying to beat you up...if you're gonna do this and get through sober you need to be prepared man.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks D. You're right. I didn't put much thought past getting a soda a leaving. I don't take it as beating up. You clearly have some experience and good advice. I need to prepare better. I'd rather not go to this thing at all. I don't have a good time. It's like being at work.... only on my own time at a crappy venue with fake "holiday spirit".
Old 12-08-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Alcohol Free Member

Originally Posted by charlieinthebox View Post
Thanks. Office Christmas party this coming Friday. That'll be a challenge but I just have to try to get through tomorrow. I'll worry about Friday on Friday.
Hi Charlie,

At the Xmas party, just say your driving. I found this to be my number 1 excuse.
No questions, no hassle no one trying to force your hand.

Drink plenty of water, it will make you feel refreshed. (colder the better).

Cheers
Autan
Old 12-08-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I have one too. Already have my drink planned and my excuse.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks D. You're right. I didn't put much thought past getting a soda a leaving. I don't take it as beating up. You clearly have some experience and good advice. I need to prepare better. I'd rather not go to this thing at all. I don't have a good time. It's like being at work.... only on my own time at a crappy venue with fake "holiday spirit".
Is there no way you could get out of it

if not like D said get a plan together practice what your replies are, have an exit plan etc

Well done on day 3