Notices

work rights

Old 12-07-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

work rights

I have been at my job for almost 3 years. My attendance is good and performance has been good.
yet, with getting sober I am struggling through my emotions at work. I work with some people that I drank with (who are relentless) and my ex boyfriend works there.
I feel the need to take some time off to get grounded in my new me. Yet, I do not want to risk losing my benefits and job. Without going to a rehab, can I take FMLA?
I am attending many meetings now, but have allot of other stressors (building a home) I feel the need to take time...
Old 12-07-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

In order to take FMLA you need a doctor to certify what you need it for, perhaps anxiety or stress? I am assuming your company employs over 50 people.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes over 50 people. I am afraid of going to a doctor to ask for help because of my medical records. I guess I can... I had 5 years sober, 4 years ago. So I know the answer is AA, a good sponsor, meetings, and an AA support group. I had convinced myself (by not going to meetings) that I wasn't an alcoholic. And now I know beyond a shadow of a doubt I am. I wanted to end my life. and I'm afraid to tell a doctor that. As I don't want to today with about 27 days back. I just need to find hobbies, and get myself out of self. The pressure at work is overwhelming. I took 4 vacation days this coming week and 4 more the week of Christmas.