Notices

pity party coming on

Old 12-07-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

pity party coming on

So all of my hangovers that caused me to call in or leave work early have cost me financially. I'm selfish. I know it! And I want to change. That's why I've quit drinking! But its so easy to let an argument derail my thinking. He's right. I know but it hurts to deal with it. But the fact of the matter is that I cannot afford to spend $200 on a gift that he wants. I messed up but I can't undo what I've already done and he just wants to be sour with me over it. Ugh.. how can I just sit and take the guilt trip?? He really has put up with a lot from me and I want to just say screw it and put myself into debt but I'm afraid I won't be able to get out of it if I just keep doing that. So.. I'm still being selfish. I think he is too though. I don't dare tell HIM that though. I don't want to hear all the **** he could, and would, say back. Drinking will surely make all of this much worse so I won't go there but I don't feel too great about sobriety right now.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think spending $200 on a gift you can't afford would increase your stress and threaten your sobriety.

Whatever you do, don't drink!
Old 12-07-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I agree with groundhogday, debt=more stress and you don't need added stress in your life right now. Your sobriety is worth so much more than that! You are worth more than that. And you're not selfish, you're being practical and using good judgement. Well done!
Please don't let this derail your sobriety. Here supporting you!