so angry at myself

Old 12-07-2014, 02:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

so angry at myself

I tried texting my ex and he didn't reply. I don't understand how it can be so easy for him. And I'm angry at myself BC I should be ignoring him not the other way around. Its so hard to go from talking every day to nothing.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So block your phone and forgive yourself.

If you block, you won't be waiting for a response which may or may not come.
It is more proactive than a reactive waiting.

Next time, have a plan in place and do something else when the urge to text him hits you.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

instead of texting, get a notebook and write down what you want to say. keep the notebook for you......start looking at what it IS you think you might GET from him....and then figure out how to get that stuff for yourself.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by charis78 View Post
I tried texting my ex and he didn't reply. I don't understand how it can be so easy for him. And I'm angry at myself BC I should be ignoring him not the other way around. Its so hard to go from talking every day to nothing.
This reminds me of your earlier thread, where you were upset because he rejected you, when you should have had the chance to reject him first. So now he's ignoring you when you should be ignoring him.

Here's an idea. Stop running after him. He left, case closed. It doesn't matter how easy or hard it is for him. What matters is that you are not accepting the situation and you are trying to force something. Every time you do something like this it will eat a little more into your sense of self-worth.

Please start being nicer to yourself--give yourself a break and let him go.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey, charis, I hope you read this.
And I hope it helps.

I broke up with my ex for the first time a year ago.
And, to be honest, I didn't felt good at all.
I begged. I tried to make it work.
It didn't mattered that I was the one who seemingly rejected him... He basically made me feel horrible, told me I was mentally ill, etc.

However, after four months he searched for me to apologize for the things he said and try to get back together.... We did, and he was the one to "reject me" after a month passed.

And you know what happened? More months of sadness and regret.... and he searched for me once again to tell me he loved me...

His life was in the same place as before. Nothing had changed with him, but my self-esteem was getting worse every time I believed on his words of love. It was "OK" for him to play with me. It was also OK to not do it. He was just "OK" with everything.

One day he told me "I was the only person whom he could have been happy with" and that he would always remember me that way.... At first I was like man, he must mean it, how can I let him go?...
But after a day passed, there he was telling me (AGAIN) I basically sucked and to leave him alone forever.

In the end, BELIEVE ME, it doesn't matter who "rejects" who: accept this and move on please. Don't feel like you should be the one to do the reject.... Why would you even want to do that, if he won't still be good enough for you? If he won't be the one to love you like you want and deserve?

Hugs to you.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My phone won't delete his number for some reasom
Old 12-07-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Its not rejecting him I just don't understand how he can't miss me as I thought he loved me
Old 12-07-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

it ain't the phone's fault hon. the phone is an inanimate object, if you don't pick it up, it won't move. if you don't turn it on, it won't ring.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

He loved what he thought you could be to HIM. When he figured out you were going to stand up for yourself, he lost interest. It's not about YOU; it's about HIM. He only wants what is beneficial to him.

Don't try to understand addict logic. There is no logic.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
He loved what he thought you could be to HIM. When he figured out you were going to stand up for yourself, he lost interest. It's not about YOU; it's about HIM. He only wants what is beneficial to him.

Don't try to understand addict logic. There is no logic.
And there it is! The truth.

Thank you.