Notices

the longest stretch I have ever had was doing it here

Old 12-06-2014, 10:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

the longest stretch I have ever had was doing it here

I'm greatful for this place. I have tried AA and CR. Over and over. I had a very long stretch of peaceful and productive sobriety when I was here. I went back into a situation that was unavoidable and very depressing. I had no choice. I stayed sober for a little while but then I grabbed the tail of the snake back. I use alcohol, very simply, to kill pain. I do not enjoy it. I do not look forward to it. It has been a tool for me to check out for a very long, long time. Yet, it only makes my situation worse. When I do not drink, I can think, I'm productive, positive, and can rise above my circumstances.

Coming back here to try again for that wonderful period of time when I had peaceful sobriety.

I see the site web front cover has changed. Has it been taken over by the recovery industry vultures? Nobody can get sober unless they want to. What a leech industry. Bleh.

I will pray everyone who touches this site has a restful night. Please pray for me too, I want to become the person I want to be .....sans alcohol......I've wanted it for so long, it almost seems like an impossibility.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, welcome back! I love this place, too. I've found a lot of support and helpful suggestions.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome bk Scl

you got a lot of support here

good luck
Old 12-07-2014, 02:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back

Just for the sake of clarity, Sober Recovery has always relied on sponsors from the treatment industry...their support help keep this place running.

We're independent tho
We do not endorse any particulars group name or affiliate our forums with any organization. Mention of a particulars group name is only used to help members assemble their topics and posts in an orderly manner. We attempt to keep the forums free from advertisements, pay per click systems and other revenue generating systems.
D
Old 12-07-2014, 03:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

SR is a huge tool for me. Dee and the gang have helped me when other recovery tools didnt make a dent or frankly made me more anxious. Try it all on and see what fits!
Old 12-07-2014, 04:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i know the recovery industry is big business but this site is free of charge for anyone with all sorts of problems in life so i think it deserves a thumbs up in my book as its here just to help people that why i like this site, its motives are pure in my eyes, there is no fish hook waiting to bait people in for money, there is simply no catch. just free online help if you need it 24 / 7
what more could anyone ask for ?