Notices

Well I fell off the wagon so hard. Did some things.

Old 12-06-2014, 05:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well I fell off the wagon so hard. Did some things.

Ok, some may remember me. But I haven't been around because I started drinking again.

Last night I had 6 24 ounce beers, three miniatures, and a half pint of Fireball. I got on facebook again (I mentioned how I'm bad about that), and I came out of the closet. Confessed so many things. I mean some things that no one had to know. My found out and is cool with it. Everyone has been cool actually.

But today my heart is racing. It feels broken. I have the shakes and can't sit still or sleep. I listened to so many sad songs and have been up crying for over 24 hours.

Sorry I'm not here with more cheerful news. Just venting and feeling sorry for myself. I don't like being that way.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

And I'm wondering. This withdrawal or whatever is so bad, should I get one beer to stop it?

I feel like I'm having a heart attack almost. Just bearing with it.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

You think one will stop it or you can stop at one?

Leave off until you have to call 911. Then call 911 and never drink again.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Polarblue-I would seriously see the doctor immediately given your concerns. The worst thing that can happen is that you're okay and experiencing withdrawal symptoms. If you're not okay, the consequences could be fatal if you don't see your doctor.
Sorry to hear you went off the wagon, but it sounds like maybe some good things will come of it. I am glad you are back here.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I could stop at one. But can't drive right now. Afraid I may pass out
Old 12-06-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Pulling the plug on Alcohol can be dangerous. I wouldn't do anything drastic without seeing a Doctor first. Not saying to get plastered, but think things trough.

Stopping is a great idea, doing it safely a wise course of action.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Could you eat something and try going back to sleep?
Old 12-06-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hammered?
Old 12-06-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Stratergy I'm just trying to keep my mind occuppied. I could be worrying too much causing myself to feel worse. Not sure.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

If your are experiencing severe withdrawals you should probably seek medical attention. Alcohol withdrawals can be dangerous.
For me the only way to live sober was to accept who I am. Embracing my strengths and accepting and learning to work with my limitations. Self medicating the fear and anxiety with booze ultimately only made it worse.
Facebook is a dangerous place when your drunk. Once it's out there there's no taking it back. I've put some pretty stupid things up when drinking.
You can do this! Have patience and be kind to yourself.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

No I'm not drunk now by my mind and body feel really...can't really describe it. Like I'm being squeezed or something.

No appetite. Can't sleep at all. Sorry for complaining so much but just thinking.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Esinger I was doing really good with moderation for a while. Not sure what happened the past couple days. It's alost likek I was trying to drink myself to death.

Maybe thinking about something cheerful will help.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Withdrawal can be dangerous. Call 911 if you get scared.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Polar your in WD everybody is diffrent but its better to be safe and see a doctor

Glad your bk

Do not continue drinking PB
Old 12-06-2014, 06:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Yeah I'm trying not to be afraid. But I have no medical insurance and can't afford a bill right now. It will probably pass.

Just another reminder that this isn't a healthy way to live.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

OK, drink water, try to relax and sleep. No aspirin or NSAIDS. Just try to tough it out. But, pre-dial 911 on the phone just in case.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:28 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

We're all here for you, good job on coming back.

Last edited by JanieJ; 12-06-2014 at 06:33 AM. Reason: irrelevant info
Old 12-06-2014, 06:28 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good advice. I'm almost afraid to try to sleep though but it could be what I need
Old 12-06-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PolarBlue View Post
Esinger I was doing really good with moderation for a while. Not sure what happened the past couple days. It's alost likek I was trying to drink myself to death.

Maybe thinking about something cheerful will help.
Some people can moderate. They can take it or leave it. I used it to mask the pain of life. Once we get to this point, imho, there is no moderation. I don't know you but it sounds to me like that's what you are doing. I've also been to the point of saying screw it and trying to drink myself into oblivion.
It may not seem so now but life is a gift and we need to embrace it. It's way too short.
Try to look at the positive things in your life and let go of the things that are stressing you out. There will always be things that are beyond our control but you will learn with a clear head, they are never as bad as we make them out to be in our minds.
Like several people have said, it might be in your best interest to seek medical attention.
You CAN beat this. Take care.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:46 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by esinger View Post
Some people can moderate. They can take it or leave it. I used it to mask the pain of life. Once we get to this point, imho, there is no moderation. I don't know you but it sounds to me like that's what you are doing. I've also been to the point of saying screw it and trying to drink myself into oblivion.
It may not seem so now but life is a gift and we need to embrace it. It's way too short.
Try to look at the positive things in your life and let go of the things that are stressing you out. There will always be things that are beyond our control but you will learn with a clear head, they are never as bad as we make them out to be in our minds.
Like several people have said, it might be in your best interest to seek medical attention.
You CAN beat this. Take care.
That's exactly why I do it. I'm only happy when I'm drunk. I guess that's common for some. I'm not saying anything that hasnt been said here. But last night I wasn't happy at all. Kept listing to sad songs. Thanks for your posts.