just keeping busy and just need to share my thoughts

Old 12-05-2014, 08:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

just keeping busy and just need to share my thoughts

Side note journal: 12/5/14
I used to think I was a sun worshipper. I used to think that the light was the only way I felt safe and alive. Then I began to meditate. Then I began to see things through different eyes. I remember as a child, riding in the back seat of a 4 door 2 ton chevy. I remember the fields and how they looked when the moon was bright. So beautiful, so solitary, so strong. I imagined myself standing upon one of those hills in the most poetic way. I stood there with the wind in my face, in my hair, and in my soul. It was flowing through me like waves. I imagined someone who loved me, anyone, they were faceless; met me there. I was young, passionate, and yearning. I imagined they met me on top of that hill, in the middle of a lonely Nebraska sky, and whispered everything I wanted to hear about myself. I needed to hear about myself. The moon was always high. The light was shining down. It was beautiful beyond words.
When I began meditation: I always envisioned my “safe” place to be a place that was full of light and contentment. It was a place with many trees and rolling fields with a stream flowing through it. But no, that was not my place of meditation. My real true place was of safety was in the night. I began to place my “problems”, my heartaches, my despairs, unto a plank in the middle of a small stream that flowed through unknown territory…in the night. In the light of a bright beaming moon was where I watched my sorrows travel down the stream at a pace that I could follow. Very slowly, but they were leaving for good I knew.
I always thought my place of safety would be in the sun. But the night brings me more comfort than I give it credit for. God Bless the night, because the morning is always just around the corner
Old 12-06-2014, 04:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Freetosmile....this is what I thought about as I was reading your beautifully descriptive post.....you are expressing what is at the core of everyone (I believe): The need to be "seen"'; the need to be "heard"; that our thoughts and feelings are important--that we matter.

When we are locked into relationships where this is not possible....it is like a strangulation of the soul. Death by a thousand paper cuts.....and one continues to feel invisible and lonely.....

Wow...you have got me feeling "deep" this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dandylion