Notices

Gotta do this

Old 12-05-2014, 01:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gotta do this

I'm typically hesitant and not comfortable starting a new thread but I promised myself I would try to reach out when I'm getting to that point of considering drinking so here I am.
Only on day 3 this time around but I'm trying to get off this cycle of on and off drinking for days/ weeks/months and commit to sobriety. I know it's one day at a time but it's Friday, it's Christmas time and I have a number of relationship/financial/life worries on my mind... So my AV screams that drinking is the answer.

I love being sober probably 21 out of 24 hours a day. Mornings are amazing. Being productive and focused and alert during the day feels great. Something happens between 4 and 7 where I feel like I a lost soul I'm not drinking. It passes. It always passes. I know this.

I just want to put up my tree with my girls and enjoy a clear evening. I want to wake up sober and clear and guilt free.

I know you all want the same, let's help each other
Old 12-05-2014, 01:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi FABL; it is so great to see you.

Great, too, to see you logging-in during the 4 to 7 time that you find the most difficult.

Yes, let's help each other!!!! When are you going to put up your tree? I will start decorating tomorrow; I always start with my Nativity and Bethlehem village.

You can do this, FABL.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I'm so glad you posted forabetterlife.

It passes. It always passes.
You KNOW this.

Since you know what time of the day is most difficult for you I suggest you make a plan to keep busy at that time.

You CAN do this!
Old 12-05-2014, 01:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have a 4 hours range myself. You can do this. Just remember how good the other 21 hours feel and that we are all here cheering you on!!
Old 12-05-2014, 01:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Hi Forabetterlife, congrats on day 3.

Yeah, I can relate to that, I only drank in the evenings.

What can you do differently this time so that you can stay sober ?

Have you got something in place to deal with the cravings ? If you know it passes you only need something between 4 and 7.

I see you've been around for a while so you'll know the ropes by now.

Well done for reaching out, hang in there, take it one day at a time.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi soberleigh! I wish so much that I had stuck with my previous classes and stayed sober, but I'm still trying and definately not giving up

We will be getting our tree tonight. I decorated most of the inside of the house last weekend. Tree and outside lights this weekend. I must say, the outside lights certainly make me miss havjng a man around! But I will get them done!

Papersdolls, well, I think I just helped myself immensely already. I'm still at work, taking a few minutes to myself on sr and eating my leftover lunch before heading home to the kids and dogs and chores. The transferring from a hectic day at work to home craziness is tough for me. Drinking helped me ease into that transition , but of course we know how that choice ends up eventually.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Fbl glad your here posting

as you know it passes

have fun putting up the tree
Old 12-05-2014, 01:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You can do this! Have fun putting up the Christmas tree and good luck with the Christmas lights outside your braver then I am!
Old 12-05-2014, 01:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The Febbies were just asking about you, FABL, in the last few days!!!! Come back and stay a while!!!!!

I had a hard time transitioning, too, and I had that 11-3-7 Plan of Failure that I have referred to before (awake at 3 a.m. with a racing heart swearing I had had my last drink; awake at 7 a.m. with yet another hangover, getting ready for work with resolve intact; 11:00 a.m. at work feeling my resolve starting to crumble; 3:00 p.m. still at work but imagining my evening with Chardonnay in hand; 7:00 p.m. at home and on my way to yet another drunk; 11:00 p.m. going to bed wasted). Not fun and still painful to remember but the cycle CAN be broken.

Stick with us; we'll help you break the cycle.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

When the choice is between drinking or putting up a Christmas tree with your loved ones, the choice seems simple. You can do it!
Old 12-05-2014, 03:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wow, soberleigh, that sounds like me to a tee.

And I will check back in with the feb. Group, thank you for reminding me that I still can. Sometimes I just feel so foolish with all my fails efforts and empty commitments.

It's been a tough night for me emotionally. Just a bunch of stuff going on some drama never seems to end. I won't drink, and as hard as it all is right now, at least I'm dealing with it rather than drinking over it. Thank you all so much for your support. This is tough, tough stuff.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Really glad to see you posting like this FABL. The more you fight, the stronger you get..I really believe that

D
Old 12-05-2014, 03:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Wow soberleigh that sounds like me to a tee.
And thank you for reminding me that I still have friends over in the feb. Group. I sometimes feel so foolish with my failed efforts and abandoned commitments.

Very tough night emotionally, not with cravings but some unexpected things happened with my relationship that led to a difficult discussion with my kids. I just don't know what is going to happen, or even what is right anymore. The only thing i know is right is that I'm dealing with it sober.

Thank you all so much for your support. I honestly feel if I hadn't reached out and gotten such wonderful responses, I would have stopped for wine on my way home and everything that occurred tonight would have happened after
I already started drinking, and it would have been a million times worse.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am really excited that you are back, FABL.

Relationships can be so tricky; hope things work out for you in a healthy way.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sorry for the double post, thought the first one didn't go through. At least I'm committed to posting! Usually when I lose a post, I get frustrated and give up.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Transitioning from work to home craziness usually did me in too. Still is hard. When I first walk in the door I take time for myself to adjust, even if I don't isolate myself. Doing the dishes. Sweeping the floor. It helps. Drinking just made it all more difficult. Especially the next day. And there was always a "next day". Glad you came here first.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good for you for working through this and posting your feelings! Brava!

The witching hours are hard! I wonder if a transitional plan would help: a routine that you could do when you got home? One thing that has been weird to me since I've gotten sober is to realize how quickly the evenings go; they used to be so slow. But that doesn't mean I'm working, working, working when I get home. Often, the opposite. But I'll sometimes look up as I'm implementing my evening routine and think, wow, its 9pm!
Old 12-07-2014, 07:17 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

How is your weekend going, FABL?