Notices

Day 64...Dreaming going HAYWIRE ;(

Old 12-05-2014, 08:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 64...Dreaming going HAYWIRE ;(

Hi SR.

So today marks 64 days of continuous sobriety. Feeling physically/mentally/emotionally whole and somewhat balanced again.

This is totally how i want to live my life. But in the past couple of weeks my dreams at night have began to take on a life of their own...

VIVID dreams. VIVID nightmares...Some of it drinking related...Some not...

But it seems to be constant...And picking up steam...My GF told me i was moving around in my sleep last night...Don't remember the dream though...But i woke up with a strange sense of anxiety because of it.

It quickly passed though...None of this really concerns me THAT much...But i am curious if others have experienced anything quite like this?

Have a safe and sober day my friends.

Findingtheway
Old 12-05-2014, 08:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

64 days; you totally rock, Findingtheway.

I have always considered my dreams to be 'certifiable' - some really crazy stuff.

One thing that I have found is that limiting my coffee consumption to only the morning hours and not eating or snacking for a few hours before bedtime seems to help. Also, warm milk at bedtime seems to soothe my body AND mind.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 64 days! My understanding is that alcohol supresses dreaming. When you quit drinking, the dreaming can really kick in a again. This happened to me as well but now over a 100 days sober, has equaled out.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It will ease off. At two months, my brain was overly active in the daytime as well.

If I stick to a food schedule and a sleep schedule, my dreams are unremarkable. If I sleep past eight hours, look out. I don't eat within four hours of bedtime, either.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Hey Findingtheway-

First, congrats on the 64 days!!! Way to stay strong!

I'm sort of wondering if these dreams are so vivid because you're perhaps sleeping deeper? I mean a more of a REM type of sleep, vs. an alcohol induced slumber?

I have found that I do recall my dreams more since I've stopped, and they are a bit more vivid as well, but nothing way out there. What I have REALLY noticed is how much the quality of my sleep has drastically improved overall.

Speaking of dreams, I've also had a couple where I was drinking again. They were 'unscary' nightmares. In-other-words, I was glad when I awoke and realized that it was only a dream. I had a lot after I stopped smoking as well.

Lusher
Old 12-05-2014, 09:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Finding this is very very normal

i dream and have nightmares ... in time it balances out the dreams will fade

64 days is awesome finding
Old 12-05-2014, 02:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

The vivid dreams are common.

I'm not one for dream interpretation so I figured it was body and mind healing themselves, reconfiguring old memories etc.

Like others said, they pass

D