Notices

first timer

Old 12-03-2014, 12:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

first timer

Hi all,
This is my first time post on this or any other site. I have been trying for the last few months to cease drinking, I have managed to greatly cut down no longer drink every day, really enjoying my sobriety but has been a bit 2 steps forward 1 step backwards. I know this is what I need to do and I am looking forward to a totally sober future. My main obstacle is having a partner who drinks and social events which unfortunately centre around drinking. I have found my mood fluctuating since quitting drinking but reading from forums like this and listening to podcasts has helped me greatly. Its comforting to know others have taken this journey before me and learn from them, we are lucky to be in a time where we have access to the technology that allows this communication cause I couldn't do it other wise.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome enoughjojo

Quite a few of the people here deal with drinking spouses - that's why the support here is so important...it's also 24/7 and it's marvellous

I'm glad you found us

D
Old 12-03-2014, 01:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
oak

Welcome to SR! It is amazing that we have access to so much support.

Congrats at already cutting back.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome.
Good for you on making the decision to quit. I know what you mean by one step forward and two back.
I came to this site probably six years ago, under a different name, and have been sober almost four years. Took me awhile.
Just try and take it one day at a time. I don't know many people who managed to quit their first try, so don't be too hard on yourself.
You'll find lots of support here, so stick around and post as much as you please.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep trying, you can do this. I started by not drinking during the week. My body responded with fierce hangovers when I drank on the weekend. Finally after four months, when summer ended, I said enough. 35 days today ... You can do it, too. My H drinks too. It doesn't affect me at all.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome to SR 24h support whenever you need