Home For the Holidays with the Hatfields and McCoys

Old 12-01-2014, 03:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Home For the Holidays with the Hatfields and McCoys

I am starting this thread at the behest of you kind folks out there who have expressed concern.

I had a sane place to stay with my sister when I went back home, which is 2-1/2 hours away. The other alternative is my place here and the home of my separated Alcoholic mate back home. My place here is tenuous at best due to a different set of dramas with the landlord and his foreign wife, who frequently bring strange people into the house to stay. My separated mate is totally hostile to me now.

My sister went to war with me yesterday because I told another sister in law that I was concerned about her husband's recently developed drinking patterns, and it got back to her.

I am actively looking for a different place to live, but have been unsuccessful. I feel ill at ease going home ANYWHERE.

Every where I look, there is some substance involved with all the drama, either alcohol or prescription drugs. I am only one of two confirmed non-drinker/users in the entire family. I feel like the whole world is on fire.

Thanks again for your kind words, PMs and concern. I'm sure I'll get through all the drama eventually.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There are circumstances and situations free from addiction. You will find them.