The line in time

Old 12-01-2014, 01:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The line in time

It's a while since I posted and it's the first time I've honestly considered a big plan. I've been stopping and starting over the last few months,, starting thinking, ahh sure it's not that bad really,,, stopping thinking,, I'm never touching that stuff again, ever. A few weeks roll by and the starting thinking starts again.
This vicious cycle comes with a fairly heavy toll, on relationships, work commitments, goals I may have etc etc,, & it's high time I took charge.
The whole powerless thing doesn't sit well with me at all but AVRT has always held an attraction except I've never made a big plan. I kind of purposely avoided it I think even though I've read the book & the crash course. Time to dig out the book me thinks and make this solemn vow to myself,
So the line in time as someone put it to me is 8 days ago when I took my final drink,, this side of the line is where I reside with my plan to never drink again and never change my mind.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It took me years to finally admit that I had to stop, and once I did, and grasped AVRT, I did not look back. I hope it goes more quickly for you than it did for me.

AVRT gives you ALL the power.

Congrats on 8 days.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Recognising my AV

I deliberately avoided making my Big Plan too - The thought of 'never' really freaked me out - it was too dam final to comprehend.

It was only when it dawned on me that it was my AV that was freaked out and not me that the penny dropped and I felt I finally got what AVRT was.

It's only when you actually make that Big Plan and really want it that the AV gets rattled and starts acting up big style.

Congratulations on getting well into your second week
Old 12-01-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Congratulations to you Ando, on your 8 days of sobriety. And well done on making your Big Plan. And as Henrix said, your rational mind knows it's time to make this change, it is only the AV that whines about never having to drink again.

I like that 'line in time' metaphor, it's the way I look at this too. I drew that same line too, made a fresh start. Welcome to the sober side of the line, Ando. Fantastic!
Old 12-02-2014, 02:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys, feels good to have two feet over the line instead of one foot in & one foot out. That oul voice can whine all it wants now, I've made my decision & it's final.