Notices

2 weeks and i feel real good

Old 08-02-2004, 10:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

2 weeks and i feel real good

Hey I'm a meth addict I've been off of it for 2 weeks and i feel good.I will not say i will never do it again..because if one walked in my door now i would probly use but 4 now i will say 2 weeks clean and i feel great!!!!
Old 08-03-2004, 04:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Congratulations on two weeks, rainbow!!! Just don't use TODAY, OK? Oh, and Welcome to SoberRecovery!!

Love,
Eddie
Old 08-04-2004, 07:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Headed in the right direction.

Rainbow...ELCOME!! Good going! Like Eddie said, concentrate on today and make that decision NOT to use!!! Say to yourself over and over, "if someone walked in that door right now with some meth, I'd find a way to escape that situation without using." Believe it, you have chosen to be 2 weeks w/o meth for a good reason. Keep remembering that reason(s).
Think ahead and make up catch phrases and excuses for avoiding situations where you might use. Once you have those tools handy, you will feel more equiped to stay on this path you have chosen. Keep posting to let us know how it is going for you...good times and tough times!
Old 08-04-2004, 09:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

welp i'm so disappointed in myself^^^today it happened to me again.i'm so sad.i'm so glad its gone almost.I did'nt go searching 4 it. It searches 4 me. How do i say No it is so hard(i am so sad i've been in tears alot today)please i need more advice I'm really hurting.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RE-member- DONT QUIT!

Hi (((rainbow))) my name is mike and I'm an addict, Welcome to SR!!! you have found a great place full of caring people with lots of knowledge and support. I'm not ussually one for giving advice but I can tell you what helps me say NO on a daily basis and thats going to meetings and staying in close contact with addicts in recovery and praying. When the voice in my head starts telling me it's ok to use I think it through, I know where using is going to take me because I've been there so many times before, I also make some phone calls and ask for help. There is a better way of life for you, all you have to do is want it. you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Hello rainbow

You did 2 weeks. Pick up, dust off and start anew. You have shown you can do 2 weeks and how good it feels. The best way to stay clean is one day at a time... Just for this moment, just for today... I won't use.

Seek a NA in your area. Meetings and the suport you can and will get from them does help greatly.

You ask how... just say no for the moment and when you cross that moment... just say no for the next moment... just say no for the day. One day at a time. You can do it. You have already proven that by the 2 weeks.
Old 08-05-2004, 04:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Louisville Area Narcotics Anonymous

Frankfort (sp?) and other cities NA

Yes, get yourself to an NA meeting ASAP, OK? And don't use for right now!
Love, Eddie
Old 08-05-2004, 05:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
peace2u

Hi Rainbow,
Relapse is a tough pill to swallow. It's okay, though, we love you anyway. Maybe you can reflect on the relapse and find some new strategy to carry into your renewed commitment. If you follow the other posters advice, you will be on your way again. Good luck and let us know how you're doing.