Notices

Keep feeling better

Old 11-30-2014, 03:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober

Keep feeling better

Ok, so this is day 5 or so and I keep feeling better. Had a restless night but not too bad. Dreamed about being drunk. Funny enough, another person in my dream was drunk and I was sober, looking at it. Felt good.

That was a good part of the night. The rest was a bit restless and I had a bit of stomach pain again, but less than before. Today my stomach's a bit upset. Diarrhea. Well, it's all mild and I'll ask my doctor about it Wednesday, but I suspect he'll come to the same conclusion as I have. Just some mild withdrawal, come back if it persists.

Other than that, I had forgotten how bright the world can look! And how much you can do in a day if you're not drinking all the time. I've been walking a lot and have been eating healthy. That helps me to keep feeling better. Honestly, at this point I haven't had a craving at all. I'm enjoying being sober too much for that!
Old 11-30-2014, 03:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by twentyfive View Post
Ok, so this is day 5 or so and I keep feeling better. Had a restless night but not too bad. Dreamed about being drunk. Funny enough, another person in my dream was drunk and I was sober, looking at it. Felt good.

That was a good part of the night. The rest was a bit restless and I had a bit of stomach pain again, but less than before. Today my stomach's a bit upset. Diarrhea. Well, it's all mild and I'll ask my doctor about it Wednesday, but I suspect he'll come to the same conclusion as I have. Just some mild withdrawal, come back if it persists.

Other than that, I had forgotten how bright the world can look! And how much you can do in a day if you're not drinking all the time. I've been walking a lot and have been eating healthy. That helps me to keep feeling better. Honestly, at this point I haven't had a craving at all. I'm enjoying being sober too much for that!
Good stuff!

Im Day 6 and I am getting there too the longest I have ever gone since I started!

Its a good feeling hey
Old 11-30-2014, 03:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober

Originally Posted by azza88 View Post
Good stuff!

Im Day 6 and I am getting there too the longest I have ever gone since I started!

Its a good feeling hey
It sure is! Congrats on your 6 days!
Old 11-30-2014, 03:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know about the upset stomach Im currently going through that… it will pass.
Old 11-30-2014, 03:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done on day 5!

Your body is flushing away toxins. Probably the reason for da da da Diarrhea! LOL!

Talking to your doctor is a great idea.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats!

I am on day 7 now and also enjoying being sober for a change so far. I've been lucky to not have any serious withdrawals. My main issue has been extremely heavy eyes, like literally can barely keep them open no matter how much sleep I get. I'm hoping this will pass soon.

Glad you are feeling good:-)
Old 11-30-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on five days sober! And it will keep getting better, the longer you stay sober.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Congrats, twentyfive

Hang in there, the days are piling up. Before you know it , you' ll have gone a month, then two...
Old 11-30-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Fantastic!! Keep it going!!