What's with the mixed messages?

Old 11-29-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What's with the mixed messages?

My alcoholic ex boyfriend broke up with me a couple months ago. Apparently he must not have thought we were a good match anymore. I can usually get over a relationship pretty quickly. But I have to see him once in a while because of our jobs. And he is so weird because sometimes he acts like he's so happy to see me and wants to hang out sometimes and other times totally ignores me. Or texts me randomly but then ignores when I text back. Ok obviously I realize that's not going to go anywhere and I've moved on but why would someone give mixed messages like that? It's so annoying. Is he just trying to be polite?
Old 11-29-2014, 08:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Alcoholics/personality disorders...this is classic.

Ignore. Don't try to figure it out, it's not going to make sense.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

You will make yourself INSANE trying to figure out what the things an active alcoholic says/does MEANS. He probably doesn't know, himself.

I'd just do what you're doing--be polite but not engaging. I wouldn't "hang out" with him if I were you. That would just be YOU sending mixed messages--at least from his perspective.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Elnina....I can only echo what has just been said. An un-recovering alcoholic is not good relationship material. They aren't equipped for what it takes.

The main thing that you know..and, all you need to know, at this point, is this: It is not good for YOU!

dandylion
Old 11-29-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the advice. A few weeks ago I would have gladly taken him back. I was pretty much head over heels for the guy and we talked about getting married before. But after having my heart broken by him and all the mixed messages I don't think I could go back and I don't think I'd be able to date another addict, recovered or not. I guess when someone is sending mixed messages..that is an indication that they are confused.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Elina.....I hear what you are saying. It sounds like you have got your head screwed on pretty straight......

dandylion
Old 11-29-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think you should thank your lucky stars he left and when he does these weird things jump for joy it no longer matters to you because it's not your problem. YAY!!!
I hope your next relationship is happy and healthy.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Elena, sometimes men (or women for that matter) act like jerks and it makes us hurt/angry at the time but it turns out to be a HUGE favor! I was just talking about that with a friend. You're dodging a bullet.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Katchie View Post
I think you should thank your lucky stars he left and when he does these weird things jump for joy it no longer matters to you because it's not your problem. YAY!!!
I hope your next relationship is happy and healthy.
Haha yeah! I love this post