Notices

Serenity

Old 11-28-2014, 02:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Serenity

Now I am taking antabuse, and a plethora of other pills, and a non narcotic for anxiety. I must say, this is the calmest, most cool and collected I've felt in a long time.

So much chaos inner and outer usually haunts me, but I am serene. Its boring almost in the best possible way. Watched movie all the way through, sitting here comfortable. No desire to drink, and quite enjoying no anxious feelings.

I don't feel like panicking and my mind isn't racing, this is a miracle. Who would of known this feeling exist, today I feel like a million dollars. Although, I am a little high off the medication, I hope that soon fades, but for now its all calm and i can hear the outside world again.

My mind would race so much before and I had so many auditory hallucination s I couldn't tell what was real or fake. Add alcohol to that mix at it was 24/7 chaos and overwhelming anxiety. Now peace, I have peace. I know this is the beginning, but this is an awesome feeling.

Off to do some AA meetings, and then back here to post again or watch another movie ( so anxious I could never do that before), if I had any advice for anyone get treatment. I was the resident non compliant guy on here, and now I regret I didn't do this before. Getting help is an absolute dream for me.

The work isn't done, and I made a bunch of calls today, sadly the holiday weekend is preventing much from getting done. But I did something I would have never done before followed Dr's orders and made the calls.

So from a happy place today, a peaceful joyous place, good day to you all and I wish you the best.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's wonderful, Jeremy!
Old 11-28-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're feeling better Jeremy - I'm also very glad to see you know the work's not over yet.

In a while I'm sure you'll come to find that things aren't nearly as boring as they may seem right now, mate

D
Old 11-28-2014, 02:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

That's great, J. Glad you're feeling calm, that must be such a relief for you, my friend.

Please let us know how your AA meetings went.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great news Jeremy! As Dee said, everything gets better and better. The clouds are still heavy now but as the days/weeks/months pass they will part and the sunshine will begin to shine on the inside. You will begin to learn about yourself and develop a rediscovery within yourself, to yourself (something I was unable to do while I drank).

With this new rediscovery you can identify things in your life that bring negativity and those that bring positivity. Then make plans to steer yourself towards positivity and away from negativity!

Much love and best of luck Brother J!! You got this, stay strong and keep away from alcohol at all costs. It is our kryptonite. It will destroy us.
Old 11-28-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

that's great to hear J. Keep making the calls.
Enjoy your movie.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That calm feeling can be yours forever. Keep working your plan.
Build your toolset, dig at the root causes.

Proud of you
Old 11-28-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

So good to hear this J. The nightmare can finally be over.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Molotov Kitty!

Old 11-28-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad your are feeling better - more good things to come as you get help.

Enjoy your movies - any good ones that you would recommend?
Old 11-28-2014, 04:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Jeremy glad your feeling better and that things are working out your doing good keep it up

I hope you get better luck on the phone once the weekend is over go to as many meetings as possible continue to stick close to sr and enjoy your movies

Good luck with everything
Old 11-28-2014, 11:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That's awesome, TDG! It just goes to show that so long as you are still alive, there is hope.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

This is good to hear Jeremy. Doesn't it feel good to stop fighting it? get to as many meetings as you can and start making those calls again on Monday. We're rootting for you buddy!
Old 11-29-2014, 05:21 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Awesome news Jeremy to hear you're in a better place with yourself. You've had a seriously tough time of it lately and you've come through and helped yourself. Well done on being open minded to others helping as they can too. Same with the meds. Glad to hear you appreciate the benefits. I agree with others here boredom isn't something you'll have to really always deal with much. You're a helluva guy, and you've got a lot going for yourself. I can't see you living a boring life, lol.

Really awesome Jeremy. Enjoy those movies and take it easy. Many new adventures await as you regain your strength and peace of mind.
Old 11-29-2014, 02:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
EndGame

I'm only praying that you stay on course, Jeremy. I was most vulnerable in my early sobriety when I was feeling better, and I know from a vast amount of experience that people who struggle with psychiatric issues are often most fragile when emerging from the fog of war.