Notices

???

Old 11-28-2014, 12:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

???

Grrr. So all the holiday gifts from clients are starting to flow in the office today which are usually one of 2 things, chocolate or booze. I was inspecting a box of chocolates while some other co workers near by were looking at a bottle of we'll say brown liquid stuff. I could hear them all: 'I wonder what it tastes like?' te hehe should we try some? hehe Lets just smell it. Before I know it my frenemy co worker walks up to me and says smell this! and shoves it under my nose. She had this sort of manic, crazy quizzacle look in her eyes. I said unenthusiastically 'wow. it smells like maple syrup'

She's always nice to me face to face but I know she was letting her true opinion of me known to all others during my sabbatical from work last month. Everyone knows I have a 'drinking problem' but not to what extent and that I and left to get some personal issues sorted out. She even went as far as telling my supervisors while I was gone that I should be let go and no employer should tolerate such a 'dysfunctional' employee in such a desirable position, and she knows someone perfect to take my place if they need.

Being warned of this I've played it cool with her, watched what I say and do around her because she's looking for anything to throw me under the bus with. I get that sometimes you just don't like certain people.. I respect that. But seriously you're going to shove a bottle of alcohol on someone you know has a drinking problem in what I can only guess was in hopes of sabotaging me??
I think I just looked pure evil in the eyes for a few seconds.

ps. She may have ruffled my feathers a bit but the only thing smelling that bottle made me think of was pancakes and maple syrup. So i'll have pancakes tomorrow morning.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That was totally uncalled for... she is a real b****. Does your boss know you are recovering? Could you go to your boss about this incident? That is sabotage and I think it falls under the umbrella of harassment. Glad you weren't triggered by it.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ugh, what a total, cruel b*tch she sounds, ((Hawk)).

I have worked with awful people like that before, it is not fun.

I am thinking of you.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

If that was me and a guy done that to me i wouldnt be physically violent but i would pull him up on it and make sure he knew never to do it again

go further and tell your boss perhaps

you done exellent btw that person is a complete donkey well done you
Old 11-28-2014, 01:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you did the right thing by not reacting. That was probably what she was hoping for and was disappointed when you didn't.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Artfriend,

My boss knows all about my drinking problem. It hit a point a while back where I had no option but to be open and honest with him in everyones best interest.

I wasn't going to say anything until my boss came into my office today to talk about a complaint on me said co worker expressed to him. She had something extremely urgent that she needed some info from me on to complete. so she e mailed me. I didn't get the e mail for a half hour therefore she had to wait a whole half hour to get the critically important info. her office is literally 2 feet from mine. Or if she didn't feel like standing up for something so urgent she could have simply picked up the phone and called me.

In my defense I told my boss this and he agreed, common sense would have been to just pick up the phone and call me. It would've taken far less time and effort than an e mail and visit with the boss to complain on her part. She's a moron. I informed him about the alcohol incident. He said he would talk to her.

To be honest this is stressing me out and I'm starting to lose my cool with her. Must remain composed tho
Old 11-28-2014, 04:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Staying on the high road will drive her nuts. And you will show everyone who is the better person, YOU!

Karma my friend, karma. Someday the universe will handle things.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Next time the bitch pulls that stunt, smile in a friendly manner, bend down to smell it and have a violent coughing fit over her bottle!
(You know the kind where it comes out right before you have a chance to cover your mouth).
Old 11-28-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Dang! She's got it out for you! She complained to your boss? Why did she not walk her lazy butt into your office and ask if you got the email ? Yeah, and real classy shoving the alcohol bottle in your face. Stay as far away from her as you possibly can! Don't take her torments personal. It will be someone else soon.

Man this made me mad!
Old 11-28-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Besides he will talk to her , what did your boss say? I'm glad you told him. What a pos
Old 11-28-2014, 05:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Every office has one of those unhappy gossipy characters. She will get what she deserves. You stay focused and forget about all the noise, mostly coming from such undeserving people. It took lots of courage to come clean, so keep it up.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

way to hang tough, I can Cee the word I'm thinking of... hmmm

Unfortunately there are those people in this world. We don't have to lower ourselves. We can think all we want. But we can't let our thoughts or emotions take control.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Ugh. My poor boss. I hope this doesn't get any worse. He knows what she's up to, he can see right through her. The verdict is if she ever needs anything from me she can let him know or her other supervisor from now on. I bet she won't be e mailing either of them if it's something 'urgent'. As for the taunting with alcohol my boss asked that she show more sensitivity in the future. She said she 'forgot' about my situation in the moment because she was so excited. Bs
She's relatively new (coming up on a yr) and has instigated discourse between other coworkers as well. Things are starting to come to light of her true character. I think she has a huge ego, places herself above everyone and has a big splash of nasty. Not pleasant to work with but you're right Joy, it seems every office has one.
Thank you for letting me vent, for the support and laughs sober buddies.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I think you are doing great so far.

I am responsible for MY actions and MY actions alone.

What others think of me is really none of my business.

As hard as it is at time - be the example you want to set - Give people credit, they are smarter than you think. they will see you as always being nice, considerate and not talking behind others back, and they will see she for what she is.

It takes time to allow people to actually see the new us, they will in time.

BTW - It is MUCH easier to give advice that get it - I probably would have told her off - haha
Old 11-28-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

totally impressed by your maple-syrup-answer.
awesome way to handle the situation and her.

hope you enjoy your pancakes and don't give her any more headspace.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good for you for taking the high road. In my experience, these kind of folks always end up exposing their own true colors (and it sounds like this is already happening).

I have a couple of challenging folks at work that, honestly, have driven me to drink (or, let's be honest, I used them as an excuse to drink)! Now, I think to myself, I'm not going to let this turkey threaten my sobriety and detachdetachdetach!
Old 11-28-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

B****.

Bunnez
Old 11-28-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

She is creating a hostile work environment for you, period. Document the crap out of everything and I would start out now by letting your boss know that is how you feel and that you think it should be pursued. It is one thing to be competitive, it is another to be vindictive and try to ruin someone's career based on an illness they have. I have words for people like this but they would all turn to asterisks.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:55 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I think now I'll have pancakes tomorrow too!!!
She's a creep, some people are so gross.