Good news

Old 11-27-2014, 03:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Good news

My paralixed son is starting to move his leg n toes! Hes been paralized for 4 mths now. Went to his 1sr tehab n stood for the 1st time with help. Im so happy so happy for him. He says he will go to na when he gets better. As for my husband i think he still thinks it not the meth that made him leave. Were meeting friday to talk about thing. Ive been to 2 naranon meeting n i think im starting to get it. I think its time to make a decision divorce r not. I just cant keep living in limbo anymore. Thats what it feels like. Waiting for him to get help. Im under so mmuch stress everyday. I still think about him everyday. Holidays suck! Hes been here for 28 yrs of them now hes gone. Just dont feel the same at all. Thanks for listening. Happy Thanksgiving
Old 11-27-2014, 04:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving jodigrind11!

I agree holidays are way over-rated!

qwer
Old 11-27-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

That is such good news about your son, and my prayers go out for continued recovery for him.

We may not be the stuff that Hallmark is made of, but I find keeping myself busy on a holiday, maybe doing something nice for others like taking some cookies to seniors in the neighbourhood or offering to take a neighbour child for a walk while mama is busy, helps me get through the day and feel good about it, even though my son is no longer attending.

Holidays are tough for those going through troubling times, but the day doesn't last forever.

May Thanksgiving bring you something new, something wonderful.

Hugs
Old 11-27-2014, 12:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am grateful that my husband is with me this thanksgiving...and that we will have thanksgiving with 2 of our 5 children and 1 grandchild. I was pleasant to my daughter as she picked up her twin girls from last night's sleepover and wished her a happy thanksgiving at my mother's (cut me off about 13 years ago) -- and did not mention that I knew where she was going (seems better that way)--had a good time with my twin granddaughters last night and with grandson who we watched yesterday--processing my anxiety around making a living and turning over to God in pray and requesting help and the power to do each step...and will enjoy today and deal with today...
Old 11-27-2014, 04:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Jodi, this is awesome news about your son! You are in my prayers.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

jodi--so sorry I didn't wish you proper happiness...the news about your son is wonderful.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wonderful news jodigrind!

D
Old 11-28-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wonderful news jodigrind!

D
Old 11-29-2014, 06:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

How did your meeting go with your H?
Old 11-30-2014, 04:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It went ok. It was good to see him. He said he hasnt used in 2 mths but he usually goes on a binge every 3 mths. Isnt that still considered a addict? We told each other we still love each other. But i told him he has to get help or i was filing for divorce. I told him i loved him but couldnt live like this anymore. I told him to go home and think about what we said and we will talk again. I almost couldnt get divorce out of my mouth. Butt i mean it and he knows it. Any suggestions mejo?
Old 11-30-2014, 10:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

What I do know is meth has a very very long paws cycle. Over one year. The 3 month cycles are common. Although there is no physical withdrawal, the mental withdrawal symptoms are like none other with any other drug. You don't have to make a decision today. You could watch his actions and not listen to his words. Other than that, only you can decide what to do. Pm me if you need anything.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

And yes, I am sure he loves you very much. Meth sucks the life and the person you once knew right out of them. Thinking of you!
Old 12-01-2014, 01:17 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Mejo how do i pm you? Lol