Today my gorgeous brother would be 35 years old!!

Old 11-26-2014, 09:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today my gorgeous brother would be 35 years old!!

Happy birthday darling boy!! Today my beautiful brother would be 35 years old. He and his girlfriend were killed when he was 23 by a drunk driver. So many emotions. I miss him every single day. But I know he is safe.

And I sit with 'H' who CHOOSES to take drugs, which will ultimately kill him.

My brother had NO choice. He was perfect. Loved sport. Loved life. Loved ME. He would have done anything to live.

He always chose life!!!

Where is your courage H?????? Where is your thanks to God for YOUR life?? Where is YOUR gratitude? Where is YOUR FAITH?? WHY DON"T YOU CHOOSE TO MAKE THE MOST OF THIS LIFE - IT IS A GIFT AND OH SO FLEETING.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

God doesn't exist.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry for your loss, Lara.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi AndyFTH - I know we have to be very careful how we post on this forum as we are all entitled to our own beliefs - but I take strong objection to your post.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Every we post we make is personal to us so yes, it's perfectly appropriate to included God in our posts when it is in line with our beliefs. It's about us and what we are dealing with and how we handle things. For many of us, God is a part of that and I appreciate that no one has ever been so callous as to disrespect what that means to me when they give advice even if they themselves may not be a believer. So what you did FTH was completely unnecessary and disrespectful to not only Lara but her brother who has passed. You owe her an apology and I hope and pray you have the integrity to offer her one.

Lara I am so sorry that you lost your brother. Sending prayers for your peace of mind.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dear Lara,
I'm sorry to hear of your loss, and the pain you are in. Your dear brother and his girlfriend were and are loved.
Life indeed is a gift, and God or our HP, will give it or take it away. Embrace and love every second!
And AndyFTH, explain your comment to your God when you leave this earth...
TF
Old 11-27-2014, 04:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Lara, I just wanted to say I hope you are doing okay and celebrating your brother's life as well as mourning his loss. All the best to you, Caz.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lara, my heart and prayers go out for you today. Holidays are the worst time to feel our loss of people who are no longer with us.

Your post shows how addiction affects everyone, the addict/alcoholic, all who love them, and all in their path.

The God of my understanding hears our prayers, every one, and will see us through rough days with better days ahead.

Hugs
Old 11-27-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Lara, I am so sorry... a terrible loss, unimaginable.

He is in God's arms, and they wait for us. Your brother and girlfriend would no doubt wish you to have a wonderful day, a wonderful life.

It hurts terribly to see someone not appreciate the gift of life that is theirs - senseless symptom of a disease that each person affected has the cure to, with their HP's help. I hope he sees this soon, and I wish you peace in the mean time, every day.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by AndyFTH View Post
God doesn't exist.
Andy,

We are all entitled to our beliefs here. But I find it disheartening that you were either unwilling or unable to provide support to your fellow member on what is a surely a bittersweet day for her. I'm certain if you were in the same shoes as Lara, you would have received support from others.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Lara,

That's a tough blow. A really tough blow. But what I've learned about death is the ones we've lost are never really gone. As long as we still carry them, they're very much alive. They're in our thoughts, and they're in our hearts.

Be safe today, and Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Originally Posted by AndyFTH View Post
God doesn't exist.
Andy as a fellow atheist, I have to say that remark was inappropriate. Everyone has their own beliefs and set of values and this isn't a forum for debating religion, it's for contributing our experiences in an effort to help others with their struggles.

Tolerance and empathy are the keys - I know my beliefs have been respected by religious people on this forum and I will always post in the same spirit.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Lara...I am very sorry for your loss...lost my son 24 years ago...and have worked ever since to stay positive and to raise my children...my 3rd daughter (of 3) and 4th daughter of 5 living is an active H addict...and MIA for 5 months...adjusting as best I can.
Old 11-27-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

and they say i'm a mean poster???

dear lara, i'm so so sorry for your loss- whether it was yesterday or 12 years ago. your love is so evident....he sounds lovely. please try not to let anything blemish that....and remember sweetheart, you have a very precious life to live as well...........
Old 11-27-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday to your Dear Brother Lara. I am so sorry for your loss. He lives on through your memory and your love. The beauty and brightness of his spirit is so evident in your words and I know he is deeply missed. May he sit with God in the heavens and watch over you. Please take care of you, Lara! Rooting for you!
Old 11-27-2014, 11:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for your wonderful words of love and support. I hope you don't mind but I am going to post a photo of my brother and his girlfriend!! And love and prayers to all of you!
Old 12-01-2014, 03:35 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

We are here to help, not to hurt. Some people derive great
comfort from their belief structures ----- and mindless cruelty
directed at them falls into the category of beating up homeless
people for fun and kicks.....how far behind can torturing small
animals be?

Mean isn't cool, or worldly, or "real"....

..... just sad and pathetic.