Notices

gettin thru the holidays

Old 11-25-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

gettin thru the holidays

December 1st marks 1 year. I want to make it and then some. Feeling weak and vulnerable as we approach the holidays. Mostly because my 13 year old son will be gone allot too his dad's. His dad and I recently had a huge falling out. I get punished by limited contact with my son. He knows right where to stick it to me. I need encouragement on how to deal. I fear I will break and numb myself with my ole pal booze. I know the outcome and I don't want that. But I'm feeling powerless, worthless, weak, sad, depressed, hopeless...help....
Old 11-25-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
December 1st marks 1 year. I want to make it and then some. Feeling weak and vulnerable as we approach the holidays. Mostly because my 13 year old son will be gone allot too his dad's. His dad and I recently had a huge falling out. I get punished by limited contact with my son. He knows right where to stick it to me. I need encouragement on how to deal. I fear I will break and numb myself with my ole pal booze. I know the outcome and I don't want that. But I'm feeling powerless, worthless, weak, sad, depressed, hopeless...help....
We can do this, together!
Old 11-25-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Drowning your sorrow only magnifies it. Play it smart. 13 year children can put pressure on either party to get what they want. I am sure he will want to spend some time with you as well. No matter what happens, you deserve to enjoy it with a sharp wit and a clear head. You will do great!
Old 11-25-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

try this Sunshine http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...val-guide.html

& Congrats on your upcoming year i always knew who my mum was she was alcoholic and i loved her dearly
im sure your son feels the same

Good luck and your not worthless or any of those things your sober
Old 11-25-2014, 04:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Is the father allowed legally to limit your time spent with your son? Or is this your son deciding that he'd rather spend time with his father? I'm really sorry you have to deal with this and I can imagine that it's especially upsetting as your anniversary approaches. Congratulations on 1 year sober!
Old 11-25-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Hey sunshine72-

As mentioned, the booze will only magnify the hurt. Not to mention the additional disappointment in yourself for making it an entire year, then allowing yourself to veer away from your goal. By the way, a year is so very huge. It might be the most sought after milestone. You should feel both very proud, as well as strong!

Throwing all of that away will not do anybody any good. And again, I'm sure you'll be in even a worse place mentally if you do.

Sunshine72, you've made it a year, so that's an indication that you're strong willed. Don't allow your son's father to strip you of that, either directly or indirectly.

And for the one year mark....

Lusher