King Baby Vent Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 12:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

King Baby Vent Thread

I'm sorry. This is clearly a vent thread. But honestly..

Today AH and I went out in the car to get stuff for Thanksgiving. Our three grown children are driving down from the North. We've been coordinating travel plans, because we have noticed that there is a big storm in the NE so we want to be sure they are safe. AH had texted them earlier in the day.

So, when we came out of one store, I checked my phone and my son had called, probably in response to AH's text message, because AH had a "missed call" also. So, I was excited to talk to DS, and I called him right back. AH was driving.

As soon as I got off the phone, I could tell something was wrong, and AH confirmed that he was mad because *he* wanted to talk to DS, but I had the nerve call to our son back first. ??? Whaaa! I won't go into the rest of the details, but believe me, it was King Baby stuff about how I took away his chance to talk to his son. WTF?? I'm supposed to check with him before calling the kids so I don't bend his nose out of joint?

When I got home, I actually got my dry erase board and set up a "scorecard" to give to him, but I realized this was just anger seeping out, so instead I'm venting here.

If anyone else has King Baby vent, feel free to add it here.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My ex won't ever give me a day or time but will ask to come visit our son. When I say "we'll see" or "I need more specific information to make plans" King Baby throws a tantrum and accuses me of keeping our son from him. He took a road trip from PA to CA, but couldn't manage a pit stop in the middle to see DS, and somehow it's my fault.
What's sad is your AH would probably try to use the scorecard against you, lol. Probably best you didn't give it to him or you'd never hear the end of all the times you were wrong.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, because it says in the Constitution that only one parent is allowed to call a grown child per day... *rolling my eyes*
Old 11-25-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler View Post
What's sad is your AH would probably try to use the scorecard against you, lol. Probably best you didn't give it to him or you'd never hear the end of all the times you were wrong.
Yes, I realized I was sinking to his level by carrying that out, which is why it's so great to have you guys to vent to.

The other thing that's sad is, I can't recall exactly when my kids surpassed him in maturity but I'm sure it was a LOONNGG time ago.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoloMio View Post
Yes, I realized I was sinking to his level by carrying that out, which is why it's so great to have you guys to vent to.

The other thing that's sad is, I can't recall exactly when my kids surpassed him in maturity but I'm sure it was a LOONNGG time ago.
Lol, my DS5 knows to say please and thank you and that yelling and name calling is mean and hurtful so we don't do it. My ex sure could learn a few things from him.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My RAH has been home just over two weeks. I didn't expect rainbows and sparkles, but I have to say I am SHOCKED by the level of self-centeredness. Just as bad as, if not worse than when he was drinking. He's always been a "guy" guy, but now he's just being a difficult, pouting b****. It's hard to find anything to like about him. I just have to keep praying, and trying not to be reactive. Really though, at this very moment, I HATE him. And we have 25+ years together. As of last night he decided it's too much to expect him to walk the trash out to the curb. He's apparently been doing that long enough and it's someone else's job now....as well as bringing in the mail.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

AH no longer lives here - going on 2 months -- before he was asked to move out he put stuff in the trash and it was showing out of the top and I said why don't you just go ahead and take that out so the dog doesn't get it. He looked at me with such a look and said why don't you get your fat ass son to do it. Several things who calls a person a fat ass and my son is away at college . Taking the trash out is beneath him he said he renovated the house 15 years ago he shouldn't have to take out the trash. King Baby is an understatement with him.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have an ex-friend like that. His victim mentality and self-pity is most of the reason we are no longer friends. NOTHING was ever his fault. Society was out to get him as was the government. Whine whine whine, I mean if the weather went against his plans he felt victimized! Seriously. It was so extreme it was comical. Although not enough to continue to listen to his rants.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I was married to a King Baby for a 15 years, together for 18. Now he is someone else's King Baby and that works out just great for me! It was like having a third child instead of a husband. Not for me, no thank you!
Old 11-26-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

After being around King Baby.....little children seem so mature and easy to deal with......

dandylion
Old 11-26-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ha ha.. I am enjoying this thread, especially knowing I am not alone. Except I deal with a Queen Baby.
One of the things I found most confusing was the more sober time she had, the worse she behaved. Defensive, irritable, like I peed in her Cheerios every morning. I lived in this PollyAnna world that someone with nearly 18 months sobriety was supposed to be like, nice or something. After we broke up I had a big chip on my shoulder about AA people - I hated them (because her excuse for leaving was so that she could focus on her program). I thought all AA people must be selfish a-holes. From reading around here, I am seeing that there is a BIG difference between sobriety and "recovery" - and just b/c someone goes to AA doesn't mean they're in recovery.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I was frequently a king baby even though I wasn't the one drinking. Sensitive.. prickly, judgy the works. Just a "wrong look" from her would get me all self-righteous. In effect her every action was under scrutiny... she's said as much in therapy and I agree, sadly at the time I felt completely justified in my own mind to be doing that stuff. Owe her living amends right now, more detailed later once I'm at that step.