Notices

Pepsi with ice cures all

Old 11-21-2014, 11:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pepsi with ice cures all

Just got off the nightshift with the hateful person i mentioned in an earlier post. Would usually get in and have 1 or 2 beers or vods before bed. Instead a nice glass of ice with pepsi.

I no its not the point and probably counter productive but it feels like a nice vodka :P I always had very weak vodkas to the point i couldnt taste it anyway.

Cravings seem to have subsided for the most part. Most bursts only last for 5 minutes or so. My plan was originally just to make it to next thursday to see if i could last a week without drink but im thinking that setting a date is a bad idea. It will just lead me to think about when i can next have a drink. My new plan is just put it to the back of my mind and see how long i can go.

Those who have read my posts no i dont plan to quit drinking, meerly cutback, avoiding drinking alone and only drinking once a week or so. But so far ive probobly saved £20-30 quid and im getting used to this feeling of not waking up without a hangover :P

Lets see what happens. Will keep everyone informed. Just found out also that mother has bought me a beer brewing kit for christmas....Are these people trying to kill me lol
Old 11-22-2014, 12:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Jay, ask your mother to return it while it's still in the boxes. Even if you succeed in moderating, having a batch of beer hanging around will sabotage you.
I found making a long-term goal like a year was best, although i divided it up into milestones. If you get that far, you'll see a lot of the benefits of being sober and most of the cravings will be gone. You also get to tell others you're 'taking a year off', if they push for an explanation. If you're like me, you'll opt to keep going.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
Jay, ask your mother to return it while it's still in the boxes. Even if you succeed in moderating, having a batch of beer hanging around will sabotage you.
I found making a long-term goal like a year was best, although i divided it up into milestones. If you get that far, you'll see a lot of the benefits of being sober and most of the cravings will be gone. You also get to tell others you're 'taking a year off', if they push for an explanation. If you're like me, you'll opt to keep going.
Oh I like this! Good idea
Old 11-23-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You need to ask yourself why you're thinking of cutting down Jay...If it's because bad things happen when you drink then the writing is on the wall as to what you should do long term.