Notices

AD is in rehab

Old 11-21-2014, 07:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AD is in rehab

So my AD got arrested and is in court ordered rehab. They had family night a few times and after turning down a couple invites I did give in and decide to go. She was discussing her home life when she lived here and her description was different then how I thought things happened. I thought she grew up around addiction and it was all my fault she's an addict too because that's what she's always seen. She said she grew up with a loving mother who always made sure her school work was done and gave her rides to cheerleading. It has me thinking, how can two people in the same house see things so differently. Can it be guilt because I wanted to be a better mother. All I know is tonight while I know we still have a long road ahead of us, something positive is happening. And I'm in tears. Tears of joy.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's awesome! Best of luck to the family!
Old 11-22-2014, 12:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It sounds like the first steps to healing! Good deal!
Old 11-22-2014, 03:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thats awesome waterfalls
Old 11-22-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

That's amazing, Waterfalls, I'm glad you went to the meeting and had a good talk with your daughter. Xx
Old 11-22-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much. I have posted in the FAF part of this forum before and they have given me priceless advice. I read daily about a contributor here who has 25 years sobriety and he still mentions guilt from his past. I think it's a hard part of sobriety, especially when you feel deep down inside you are entrusted with someone's life and your actions may have swayed their outcome. But both me and AD are working our programs and I cling to hope. I'm on day 6. AD is on day 5.