Notices

Just having a tough time

Old 11-21-2014, 06:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just having a tough time

... with withdrawals, bad feelings, feelings that I need a drink, feelings that I need a smoke.

Why do I feel this? Because I am addicted. I know this will all pass as it did last time (around day 6-7) but that still doesnt stop these feelings and the way I feel. Anxiety, depression, just a feeling of malaise.

Anyways happy friday night to you all. Hope this note finds you happy, sober, and well.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting. In my mind, posting about those feelings takes away the power they hold over me. Keep it up. We're here & we understand like no others.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah I just dont like it. And I know I did it to myself drinking after being 7 weeks sober. I just know how tough these 6-7 days after that last drink are. And I cant help but feel anxious and a little down. I have a very short work week next week, working two days then off for 5 so I am hoping by the time that long weekend is over, then I will be back to feeling good and more positive.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

stick with it jr

D
Old 11-21-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Hey jryan19982- I just wanted to offer some support.

I went through it too, and yes it was much better within a week or so. Just keep telling yourself that you can do whatever you want, except to drink. Keep this mindset and know that these strong feelings will subside soon.

-Hang in there!

Lusher
Old 11-21-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jryan, that's a load to carry for sure. You'll get past this again, and then on to brighter days. I wish there was a short cut I could pass your way because I would. You're doing the right thing...Don't Give Up.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks. This feeling down I think is lasting longer than last time. So I guess withdrawals do last longer during each quit. But thats ok. I hope this is my last quit. I will do everything i can to make it my last quit. I need it to be my last quit- not for health, but for me to be me. Last time I remembered what it was like to be me again. And I enjoyed it. Mr AV just talked me into not being me again, but being that person who just goes through life, goes through the motions. I need, I want, I have to get back to me.