Can someone please tell me why he's still messaging me!?!?!

Old 11-20-2014, 05:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can someone please tell me why he's still messaging me!?!?!

Can someone explain to me why AXBF keeps messaging me! He left me and now he has someone else!! Even when we were together in the last couple months he never had time for me or acted like he cared! I told him I didn't want to talk and not to message me anymore when we fought two days ago because he had messaged me every day that whole week and yet this morning I get this stupid text message!

"Really hope your happy take care of yourself and i really do hope everything works out for you see you around"

I wanted to scream profanities at him. Hope your happy? "Yes you lying to me for 4 years, cheating on me and then leaving me for someone else really makes me happy. You choosing drugs and becoming someone I don't even know anymore is exactly what I wanted"

Arg. What is going through his head!!!
Not responding cause I'm hell bent to make it to at least a week no contact this time but this is making it so hard!
Old 11-20-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Please block his number so he cannot push your buttons anymore.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Block him from all communication devices if you can. If you truly do not want to hear from him, do whatever is necessary. You'll be better off.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

sparrow, face the fact that you're still vulnerable and block him. Is a little bit of you pleased that he still 'cares' enough to text you? More reason to block him. Once you've been NC for a while you'll start getting better.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

maybe this is why:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-vampire.html

I know it's the case with my ex.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Sparrow,

Because he's sick. My AXGF kept trying to contact me 2 1/2 years after our breakup, and she did this after she married someone else. I finally changed my number after she got around my blocks, and I haven't heard a peep out of her since (knock on wood).

Don't bother trying to figure him out. It's a time suck. Just change your number, and allow yourself some peace.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Because he is manipulative! Seriously, block his number!! He's a D-bag.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all. Going on Day 5 today
Couldn't have done it without all your support. Every time I feel weak I come here and read all of your stories. It helps in so many ways: in knowing that I'm not alone, but mostly in remembering what is truly going on. The further away I get from the bad stuff I find it's easy to forget. It's easy to remember all the times wheb he acted normal and when things were good. Its easy to pretend that if I just message him maybe this time i wont be this horrible nightmare and it will all go back to normal and he will truly love me the way he once did. I read your stories and I am reminded how big this monster called addiction really is. And I am reminded that I won't be getting him back any time soon..and that most certainly a text message won't solve that.

I know that he is gone. That I have lost my best friend. And although I know that walking away and not talking to him is the best thing for me.. it still makes me sad. It's so sad. And so hard. All of you know this too well.
I just wish he would be healthy again :, ( I tried so hard to show him all the wonderful things there are to live for. And I'm walking away knowing that I tried. I gave my absolute all loving this man. And I'm coming to acceptance. It just bloody well SUCKS! Addiction sucks!

FeelingGreat, it's true that in some way it makes me feel better knowing that he is thinking of me. I will block his number.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sparrow, remember that pain is temporary. But you have to eliminate the source of it before it can go away. Hang in there, we know it hurts.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Dear Sparrow,
I'm sorry this is hurting...but like the others have said, block his access to you and do it ASAP.
It might feel like you lost your best friend and maybe you did, but it was a friend that has changed, not the friend you remember. But a friend with the disease of addiction
Don't encourage him by responding, he will see it as a control, and you don't want that...
Take care huh, I've been thinking about you!
TF