Notices

Day 3 & still no Vicodine

Old 08-01-2004, 08:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 & still no Vicodine

Well its day 3, much better than day 2. Yesterday it was so sunny and beautiful and I felt horrible, today it is dark and thundering and I feel so much better. Thank you everyone for writing me and helping with this. I didnt even know tylenol would make my headachs worse and thats all I was doing yesterday. Today the headachs are gone and the hot/cold sweats are gone. Joint pain is due to the surgery but I will deal with that pain instead of doing this again (besides hot baths make the pain go away).

I finally got my husband to understand and he is being great about it all, my father-in-law is another addict and I called him last night at my lowest, he was a huge help.

I hope that in some small way I am able to help another like me. I realize now that Doctors give these things away like candy and it is up to us to say NO. Day one I was very nervous about all this and Day 2 was just depressing but today I am stronger and I will not speak of tomorrow until tomorrow. So for anyone who is in a Pain Med phase there is hope and it can be done. I never thought I would be on day 3.
Old 08-01-2004, 08:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

CONGRATULATIONS ON DAY 3. Keep up the good work. You can do it.
Old 08-01-2004, 08:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Debby. That's great news.

Anna
Old 08-01-2004, 08:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

This is my first day off of pain meds. I'm looking for help. i dread the days ahead. If anybody can help, please!!!!!
Old 08-01-2004, 11:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Ooooooooooooo Debby! Time warp just replied to your first day. Now its day three!

:

want happiness...... start your own thread and you'll get tons of help!
I can tell you that you might want to contact your doc and be upfront with him/her. Coming off of pain meds can be very difficult.... pain meds was one of my addictions.

I finally got sick and tired of the pain meds ruling me. But I had to be absolutely ready. And I was.

I'd suggest making a meeting...... and Debby...... have you thought of making a meeting? They really help!
Old 08-01-2004, 12:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 3, Debby.
The days will add up, just keep taking them one day at a time.
May God bless you and watch over you!
Sherry
Old 08-01-2004, 12:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations

Great job....I knew you could do this...one day at a time !!! You are in my prayers.

Ali
Old 08-01-2004, 12:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

((((((( Debby )))))) Congrads !! Glad to hear you are feeling better I am pullin for you ! Prayers ^ Trish
Old 08-01-2004, 12:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Still hangin` on...

((((((((((((debby))))))))))))

Glad to hear you are feeling better!!!!
Hang in there.
God bless you!
Love,
Ann
Old 05-04-2005, 08:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey

Me too 5-04-05. well do it together okay, I'm here for you. You have the power over this.

Live
Old 05-04-2005, 11:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Garden Variety Drunk

Hey Deb........way to go!!! Good job in keeping on track. Day 3 is like an ETERNITY......I know. I am a drug addict and I have been clean for over 3 years! It is amazing how far you can go when you put your faith in the right things. There are people and programs available for people who can't do it on their own.......like me. I joined AA for my drinking problems, and found help for drugs too. Now I am over one year sober too! One day at a time, Deb, one day at a time. That is how any of us did it. But not on our own, NO. That was impossible. If we could do it on our own, we wouldn't have come so far down, ya know? I needed the help of meetings, the fellowship of NA, the literature I found in the 12 steps, and a SPONSOR. If you seriously want help and want to stop the madness in your life, get into a program. I thought it was stupid at first and I didn't see ANY results............until I got a SPONSOR. It was only then that I realized how messed up my life had become, not just my using and drinking. With the help of a sponsor, I finally had a chance to have faith in something, because my sponsor showed me that it was not only possible for anyone to recover from drugs and alcohol, but that I COULD recover too. THEY DID IT, WHY NOT ME?

To this day, my sponsor has me do things that I think is stupid, but ya know what........IT WORKS. I don't know why it works and I don't care, my sponsor just lets me know HOW it works. All the answers are waiting for you, Debb. But no one can do it for you, you have to do it for yourself. If you want to start a program of living your life better, without the drugs, then all I can suggest is......get into a program and get a SPONSOR, as soon as you can.

IT IS WORTH IT FOR ME, MY LIFE IS WORTH IT, AND I AM WORTH IT......SO ARE YOU!!!!!

Good luck, Debb. We are ALL here for you. If you remember nothing else, remember this, "BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO USE AGAIN, CALL SOMEONE IN THE PROGRAM......." Don't use again, no matter what!! It does gets better!!

Thanks for letting me be of service. My name is Stephen and I am an alcoholic and a drug addict.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I have just decided to clean up my act and stop with the painpills. I am very nervous about what to expect. When I tried a few weeks ago the anxiety was unbelievable. My stomach felt so nervous and I just couldn't keep from taking a pill just to calm it down. Of course, once I took one then I found all sorts of reasons why to keep it up all day, and on and on. I want to just stop and I don't think it will hurt me to do it cold turkey because I am not taking more than 8 lortab a day and I am pretty sure I can do it physically but I would love to know what to expect.
thanks
Old 05-07-2005, 07:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Let go and let God

Great job. Keep it up. It gets better. My wife is fighting hydrocodone. Get a sponsor and keep going to meetings. It helps keep me centered and focused.
Good job and keep it u p
Thanks
Jeff
Old 05-07-2005, 07:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

don't know if anyone noticed, but Deb's post is almost a year old!!!

Beetle, you might want to start your own thread, it might get more responces. Welcome and feel free to post as much as you need. There is alot of great experience here and folks will support you so much. Welcome!!
Old 05-08-2005, 04:33 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ama

(((Debbie)))

Three days is the three days you have given to you!!!! You are brill girl and doooo keep it up.....

I remember day 3 and it was tough but I know we can do it with support and caring and love and SR will and does this soooo very very much........