Notices

The reason I will quit

Old 11-19-2014, 05:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The reason I will quit

I get limited calls with my daughter and the occasional letter in the mail. I got a letter today, I would like to share the contents of that letter complete with mispellings because it really strenghthend my relsove to quit this habit :

"Dear mom and dad I love and i miss. ( smiley face she drew) you giys are cool. and atheloson ( I think she meant awesome) I like you giys and miss you giys and just to have fun all the time at our house. i can not wait till i can go home love you're daughter'

This is the reason I need to quit, haha I actually teared up reading this letter. Now time to do the work, looking forward to outpatient tomorrow, and hopefully inpatient soon. I think I was meant to get this letter in the mail today.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Hey Thatdeliveryguy-

So tomorrow is the big day... Good for you! I recall your post from the other day, and I see that you are going for it. It's a great thing you are doing and I'm betting you will be very happy that you went, especially if it helps you to reach your goal.

Yeah, your daughter's letter seems like the best reason to stop. That alone would be a huge motivator for anybody.

I really wish you well, as I know you were a bit worried about it all. Again, this is a great step forward and the fact that you're looking forward to it speaks volumes.

Lusher
Old 11-19-2014, 05:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Moving..... You can do this
Old 11-19-2014, 05:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Very sweet letter from your daughter, Jeremy.

Good luck tomorrow!!!!
Old 11-19-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sweet letter,tdg. Makes one realize what the real priorities are, doesn't it? Good luck tomorrow. Give it your all
Old 11-19-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Nice inspiration man. You can so do this!
Old 11-19-2014, 07:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

wonderful stuff....it proves to you that it is not too late for you and that you can still have a wonderful future life with your daughter. Thats really something worth working for.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

wonderful stuff....it proves to you that it is not too late for you and that you can still have a wonderful future life with your daughter. Thats really something worth working for.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You can do this, just commit! Give up that option and everything gets so much easier. Today, a buddy from work, who drinks every night (i think), asked me how I deal with stress. It kinda surprised me but I said, I actually have much less stress in my life without the alcohol. It's amazing how the cycle of drinking everyday makes it very hard to cope with the simplest tasks, over time as the addiction grinds at the core-important aspects of our lives.

Just cancel any option of alcohol from your future. Use other things like good food, movies, jogging to plug into your addictive circuits when they need to be fired (with caution LOL.. ice cream!!).

Best of luck TDG! I hope you the very best with your decision! You can be free from this torment
Old 11-19-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wanting to be the best Dad/husband/person you can be is often a pretty strong motivation J...keep it foremost

Best wishes,
D
Old 11-20-2014, 12:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That's great, Jeremy! I would want to carry that around in my shirt pocket, right over my heart. Just to remind me what ever breath I took was working towards.