Notices

Never thought I'd be so happy over a little throw-up.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Never thought I'd be so happy over a little throw-up.

Maybe a little to much TMI but I was sober and got to put my baby girl to bed tonight. After a few minutes of crying I knew something was wrong, went up to check on her and wouldn't you know I was right. After rocking her for a minute or two poor thing had a upset tummy and threw-up all over me. But I got to be a good Mom tonight. I'm not trying to say my husband wouldn't have been able to hear the different tones in her cry, but I did and only because I said no to wine tonight. I can't even imagine not being there for her. Small victory and Mommy Dance!

:Val004

I know this points out what a bad parent I have been- "how could I choose wine over my daughter" and your right it's pretty sad. One day at a time I'm becoming better.
(Did end up making dinner, house work tomorrow....maybe) LoL

Have a goodnight y'all
-TX
Old 11-18-2014, 09:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think this is an awesome story! I was so checked out most evenings with my boys that my husband handled most of the nighttime emergencies. I have many regrets for having missed so much! Glad you were able to care for and comfort your sweet girl!
Old 11-18-2014, 09:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad your daughter is ok and that you were 'there' in every sense of the word to care for her

great stuff TXStrong

D
Old 11-18-2014, 09:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

It is such a wonderful feeling to know you're being a good parent, especially after all the guilt. I hope your baby is doing better.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I can completely relate to this. I have two sons. Every week for the past 11 years or so I have spent at least one, sometimes many more nights sitting alone in some bar somewhere working on the laptop until I got so drunk I could not type. My sons waiting at home for me to return. Not answering the calls form my wife or telling her I was busy at work.
I didn't see it as choosing alcohol over my family...I saw it as needing to work and have my own personal space but was just enjoying it with some nice wine. So stupid.

Anyway, I love your story because when I have my sober days these moments bring me a lot of joy also. I am sober now for 4 days and plan on a lot more of them.