Notices

48 days sober

Old 11-18-2014, 03:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome! If you're like me, there's no going back to 'normal' drinking. I tried many times to moderate my drinking and never could. For me, it's easier to just not drink at all.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Hi, welcome to SR.

Did you intend to finish the bottle? Sounds to me like you've got a new boss.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi welcome to the forum and to SR

Sounds like an issue that is caused by drinking do you think that if drink is causing this problem then drink will solve it....the simple answer is No this cycle will worsen and repeat

Then comes your next question which you already answered

The Answer to your biggest question is are you an alcoholic ? only you can answer that but just know that i am 32 and ive been sober 16 months do you think id stay sober if i was getting a bad deal out of sobriety

i had the same fears as you
Old 11-18-2014, 04:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

For me, having just one is a waste of calories. Once I have three there's no stopping me. And two automatically leads to three. I used to be able to moderate but my off switch broke. The only thing I can do is have none. Three weeks in and I feel like a new person.
Stick around SR., you'll learn a lot.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Read a lil but the fact you find things 'better' drunk means your using alcohol as a crutch

i used to be a club DJ and i gave all that up i still dj and im a better dj sober im more in control of the music

i love comedy and if somethings funny then something is funny look were both enjoying it but your using alcohol to help you laugh

Have you spoken with a doctor ?
Old 11-18-2014, 04:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

I think this is definatly a problem that can be solved with abstinance it will take acceptance on your part

i have been thru it so trust me you dont want it to get worse whats the point when we have evidenceand your good wifes patience is wearing thin im only saying this as a friend dont make the same mistake s i did

Me an alcoholic ? you know i thought id be a hermit/monk

i was so wrong think of soibriety as an upgrade of self
Old 11-18-2014, 05:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good luck Joymachine send me a pm if you wanna chat

spk soon friend
Old 11-18-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

Originally Posted by least View Post
Welcome! If you're like me, there's no going back to 'normal' drinking. I tried many times to moderate my drinking and never could. For me, it's easier to just not drink at all.
The same is for me as well. Not drinking at all is WAY easier than trying to do some half a$$ed self moderating. Who am I fooling? I have no control!
Old 11-18-2014, 05:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Even though we may have some personality issues to sort out (who doesn't?) we also have a physical problem.

One drink leads to the compulsion - the obsession to continue. That's why one drink leads to a bottle. That compulsion is not going to go away with short (or long) periods of abstinence. We don't metabolize alcohol the same way "normal" people do. It will never change.

I would also be tortured if I was just attempting a period of sobriety. That has never worked in the past for me. The answer is accepting that I cannot drink again in safety. Once that surrender and decision was made, I did what it took to support that decision. It got much easier after the first couple months of the physical reboot.