Notices

Day 7

Old 11-16-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 7

Today is Day 7. Overall it's been a good week, but I'm a little anxious about the week ahead. It's going to be busy and potentially stressful at work which can cause after work cravings, and in past attempts at sobriety I've given in to the AV around Days 7 to 12. It goes something like "You've been really good and really....if you just only drink once in a while it shouldn't be a big deal" I've been down that road and it always ends up in a nearly daily pattern of drinking and hang over that just makes work and personal life hard to live through a fog of feeling sick, irritable and demotivated. I'm meeting my accountability partner for coffee tomorrow after work, so I'll share my fears with her. She's made clear that she's available 24/7 if I need to talk, but I worry my ego is still so big that I won't be humble enough to call and may try to just work it out on my own. Maybe I should share that with her as well. Any thoughts or encouragement for the week ahead?
Old 11-16-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

congrats Lance, just remember that voice telling you you've been good and can have a drink is lying to you.
keep up the good work
Old 11-16-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on the first of many sober weeks. You can do this!
Old 11-16-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Any way you can make plans for the evenings and stay busy without drinking..?
Old 11-16-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job Lance! I can definitely relate to your story as I've also relapsed at similar points in time with the exact same thought going through my head. I am looking forward to any advice others have on this board too and thank you for bringing up the topic since I am right behind you in terms of my sober days. All I know is I am looking for that voice this time around and not giving into it.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey, Lance. Great job on 7 days sober! Maybe you could change up your after work routine a bit. Get some exercise, or just do something different that is far removed from any source of alcohol.

Decide now that one drink is not an option, no matter what your AV says. You've seen where that one drink leads.

Oh, and keep posting here, so we know how you're doing!
Old 11-16-2014, 11:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on day 7 Lance