Notices

snoring no more!

Old 11-16-2014, 07:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

snoring no more!

I have discovered over the months that I no longer snore.
Last year I was cutting down forests at night. I sort of noticed it getting better over time.
I asked the wife this morning if I still snore. She said gleefully that I do not snore anymore. Been a while.
There is another benefit to not drinking. I remember her wanting a head start going to sleep because I would conk out and snore to beat the band.

Interesting eh? Anyone else discover little things that improved after they stopped drinking?
Old 11-16-2014, 07:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go Lbrain
Old 11-16-2014, 07:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sweet! I'm sure it's nice to be able to go to bed at the same with your wife now.

I've been waking up earlier. I've always wanted to be a morning person. Still in the early stages though
Old 11-16-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i wish i could claim the same results : )

sadly my ex girlfriend used to have to wear ear plugs at times trying to sleep next to me and i am 10 years sober so there was no miracle cure for my snoring for me

however i am still in denial about snoring anyway as i would swear i dont snore as i have never heard it
Old 11-16-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Yes, me too......going to sleep instead of passing out, and awakening instead of regaining consciousness = little to no snoring presently.

Another bodily function has been removed ( mostly ) or at least drastically reduced. Flatulence!! Others are happy about this positive externality as well
Old 11-16-2014, 07:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Just a Girl Trying to Make It...

Yes! I used to grind my teeth in my sleep so bad I cracked two teeth and had to sleep with a dental guard....I don't do that sober.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Very interesting Lbrain. I think the only thing I have noticed is that the pores on my face appear to be smaller.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Flynbuy View Post
Yes, me too......going to sleep instead of passing out, and awakening instead of regaining consciousness = little to no snoring presently.

Another bodily function has been removed ( mostly ) or at least drastically reduced. Flatulence!! Others are happy about this positive externality as well
i must be doing somethng wrong then as i fart still as much as ever and snore to
i still laugh as well when i break wind something i am trying to grow up from as its not the grown up thing to do : )

even my kids tell me off for it ; ( they are more grown up than me at times honestly.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
I have discovered over the months that I no longer snore. Last year I was cutting down forests at night. I sort of noticed it getting better over time. I asked the wife this morning if I still snore. She said gleefully that I do not snore anymore. Been a while. There is another benefit to not drinking. I remember her wanting a head start going to sleep because I would conk out and snore to beat the band. Interesting eh? Anyone else discover little things that improved after they stopped drinking?
Good for you LBrain!!! My snoring stopped after I quit drinking also. It has definitely been a great benefit for my relationship, and it has vastly improved the quality of my sleep as well!!!
Old 11-16-2014, 10:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Snoring has ceased on this front as well.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

yes, and the beer faughts are gone too

it's amazing how things you don't even associate with being a drunk seem to get better after a while.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Hey LBrain-

Me too. No more sounding like a bear when I sleep. It was actually a benefit that I was not even expecting, however one that was very much welcomed.

Lusher