Notices

Saturday nights! Gnaaaah!

Old 11-15-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Saturday nights! Gnaaaah!

Yes, saturday night again...after 4 weeks of easy cruising in my sobriety without any temptations, here, tonight, at day day 57 without a single drop of alcohol, I'm struggling with my old demons again!

I made a huge mistake last weekend, I took a little of another recreational drug that I use to love and it gave me the huge desire to have a drink... I've been able to resist, knowing that I would regret it the next morning... so I didn't drink... Even when I was a little high, I was so upset about myself that I have thrown the rest of it in the toilet!!!

Proud of me the next morning, but now with that desire to have a drink still in my head... this recreational drug woke up the sleeping demon, and I'm stuck with it tonight...

Hey, I guess I need to pay for my behaviors...

I don't feel like I'm back to day 1... I'm still alcohol free since the 20th of September, but I have another substance that I will never touch again.

Happy sober saturday night people!!

Just writing these words make me feel stronger... this board always had this effect on me and that's why I'm here tonight...

Stay strong!

Peace!
Old 11-15-2014, 04:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I kinda figure I've used up any right I might have had to use drugs recreationally Alex.
I'm glad you seem to be coming to the same conclusion.

D
Old 11-15-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on not drinking

Glad you realised about the other stuff

congrats
Old 11-15-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad you checked in! A bit of a rough patch tonight, but you're still on the right path. Keep on keeping on, I'm betting that you'll be better tomorrow.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I alway used to say that when I retire (for real) I was gonna smoke some weed and enjoy it.
That is now totally out of the question for me. I don't see a difference for me. I'm happy being fully aware at all times now.
Old 11-16-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey... i'm far from beeing perfect... but at least I'm learning and moving forward...
Old 11-16-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I found I needed to put it all down in order to focus on living and loving my life fully.

Sounds like you may be finding the same.

Glad you're here and not out scoring and using more.

Old 11-16-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glad to see you made it through to a new day Ben. I wish you a strong and serene Sunday.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I've had thoughts of taking recreational drugs too ... a part of me still wants to alter my consciousness in significant ways. I know what the result will be though. I hope you're still fighting for sobriety, you can do it.
Old 11-22-2014, 03:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Hi Alex, yeah, the recreational drugs went out of the window a month or so before the booze -now the tobacco is going the same way..it all seems tied up together , all the addictions seem to spark each other off in me, smoked some weed ,wanted a drink, smoked a cigarette, wanted some booze, drank some booze ,wanted cigs and weed....

Glad you threw the rest down the toilet