Let's Play...... TGIF!

Old 11-14-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Let's Play...... TGIF!

What are you focusing your ~*~POSITIVE~*~ energy on this weekend?

We are attending a Big Birthday BBQ for my sister, niece & nephew. (How'd you like both your kids sharing your birthday week every year, lol? )

DD & I are on cake detail tonight AND I told my sis I'd keep my 3-yr old nephew so she could finish getting everything ready for tomorrow. That may backfire on me.......

My reiki center is offering new meditation classes on Saturday evenings but I doubt we'll be done at the bday party in time - might have to wait until next week.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm in! Outside temp is currently 5 degrees and I'm thankful for a day off so that I can read a book and bake cookies if I feel like it! Focusing on nesting this weekend! Busy-ness is overrated.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Getting ready to head to the gym for a nice HARD workout!

Tonight is the Chip meeting at my AA fellowship... gotta support those newcomers!

Having dinner with one of my best friends sat at our favorite pizza place and then coming to my house to watch the new Peter Gabriel DVD, Back To Front. This will be like re-living the concert we attended 2 years ago.

Hopefully getting on the trails at my favorite 4 wheel drive park on sunday!

Driving a friend to an evaluation appointment for her Workmans Comp claim mon morning.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Healing and I have similar plans for the weekend. We're in a pretty chilly area also, so my plans include taking it really easy -- books, Netflix, warm blankets, and tea. And hugs. Lots of hugs.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Feeling a bit challenged about this. Looking forward to having the weekend off, however having to go to my sister's house and take care of her 120 lb dog that cannot stand, not sure how I am going to go about that.

Little DD turns 9! I cannot believe it. She is w/her dad this weekend, we went and had a special bday out of town last weekend, and she is having a party at a salon w/her friends next weekend. Another get together w her dad's side of the family on the 30th, so basically she is having a bday month, which is working out for her very well she says, LOL!

Hoping to play some scrabble with my mom and relax while taking care of sisters pony, I mean doggie!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!
Old 11-14-2014, 09:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Tonight is my weekly meeting so I'm looking forward to that. Tomorrow my son and I are heading up north to see the leaves changing in Sedona, AZ. Probably going to do some hiking and photography. Then, on Sunday, I am hoping to check out a few used cars to figure out exactly what I'm looking for in replacing my SUV. Lots going on and I'm thankful for beautiful weather here!
Old 11-14-2014, 10:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
happy, joyous an free!

if my granddaughter is well, been a bit sick, i am taking her and my nephew to a wonderful science center in the mountains. nice ride and i've heard a fantastic hands on museum. both indoor and outdoor exhibits. hope it's a go.

i am also getting my medallion at meeting sunday, 17 years sober! i wasn't going to get one, thought i'd wait for my 20th, but this year was a really rough one sooooo..... i am going to use this one as a capstone on the crap year and a touchstone for a bright new year ahead!

have a great weekend all!!!
Old 11-14-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm cooking for Thanksgiving this weekend since my kids and I won't be together this year. I'm really excited!
Old 11-14-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have a crazy busy weekend, with lots of different women! A meeting with my local women's group tonight (where we will be discussing next week's wine tour!), a huge holiday event with my direct sales customers tomorrow, and a shopping trip/ spring premiere for my Direct sales company on sunday. Kids have play dates thrown in this weekend too so I get some kid free time at these events as well!
Old 11-14-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

The karate place where I work my part-time job as a van driver for an after-school program is having their black belt graduation ceremony on Saturday afternoon. Apparently they put on several different individual and group demos in the course of the graduation, and I'm looking forward to attending. I've never seen anything like this before, and it promises to be interesting!

I'm also looking forward to spending some time curled up in bed w/my dogs and a book, enjoying my fine new Jotul heater. It's not as cold here as it is by some who have posted, but still--the low teens for an overnight low is fairly cold!

Hopeful, if I could come help you lift that poor old hound that can't stand, I would....hope all goes well.
Old 11-14-2014, 03:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am cooking up a fabulous meal tonight, going hunting, winterizing my motorcycle for the 3rd time (dang temperamental MT weather) watching football, and deep cleaning the house. HAPPY FRIDAY LADIES AND GENTS!
Old 11-14-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
The karate place where I work my part-time job as a van driver for an after-school program is having their black belt graduation ceremony on Saturday afternoon.
ooh ooh ooh!!!! Is that the van job where the really wise kids know the difference between farting and belching? (That still makes me laugh!)

I'm going to try and use this weekend to get a jump on the holidays. I want to try out some new candy recipes.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm doing a test run with a turkey in the smoker..... I'm in charge to smoke 2 birds onTDay and I'm a bit nervous!
Old 11-14-2014, 10:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SeriousKarma View Post
ooh ooh ooh!!!! Is that the van job where the really wise kids know the difference between farting and belching? (That still makes me laugh!)
Yes, as a matter of fact, it is that job, and those are the kids! Although I don't know if I've learned anything else of such importance since the farting/belching incident, they never fail to make me smile.

The holidays approach, and thus the busy season for bakeries--I'm off to the bread, and I hope everyone gets a great start on their weekend plans.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:51 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Talk about positive energy!

After the excellent chip meeting tonight, I was approached by the secretary and asked to fill in for her next week! What an honor!

I'll be handing out chips and hugs to everyone who reaches a milestone for my home group!

SWEET!
Old 11-14-2014, 11:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm babysitting on Saturday, then going to meditation Sunday morning and meeting a friend for brunch after. Hope you have a good weekend and good luck with the cakes! xo
Old 11-16-2014, 10:36 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey, everybody, how has the weekend gone so far? The karate graduation ceremony was amazing--they used the performing arts center of a local high school and had a fully choreographed show/demo w/music, fancy lighting, and more. There were adults and kids both. Since this was a black belt ceremony, everyone there had dedicated a lot of time and effort, and it showed. For these people, martial arts is definitely the thing that lights them up. As each person received their belt at the end of the graduation, his/her name and some action photos of them (often spanning childhood to adulthood) were shown on a large screen over the stage. It really was a celebration of what these folks had achieved.

I still have zero desire to take a karate class, as my coworkers keep urging me to do, but I sure feel inspired to get on w/my efforts to lose weight and get back on the roads/trails running!
Old 11-16-2014, 11:50 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Honeypig, great update! Martial arts are incredibly inspiring. I wish I had the time/energy/stronger knees (mostly the latter) to still be physically active to that degree. My knees are w.o.r.n. o.u.t. from a lifetime of sports.

Mission accomplished for me on Friday, my day off. I read a book from cover to cover. Yesterday and today have been all about work. Not especially fun, but it needs to be done and feels good when I can check things off my list. And...the temperatures are back into double digits, and the sun is shining.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Great stuff here! (I'm so glad SK reminded us about the bus kids & their gas issues..... that's going to be funny for a long time )

The weekend went really great until our water pump died last night after dinner. Argh..... inconvenient.... but fixable. It's just ALWAYS something, right?

The party went really well, it was the 1st big bash by sister has ever thrown at her home. I was excited for her for that reason alone. The cheesecake I made for my niece went over so well that I had to hide the last piece for her so she could have a special birthday breakfast the next day. Nephew's cake came out cute (especially considering I ended up finishing it with a migraine):

The highlight of the evening had to be my sister getting tanked on 3/4 of a bottle of tequila & then proceeding to have a bit of an ACoA breakdown (or breakthrough, depends on how she processes it all after)..... it was fairly illuminating & I'm really, really happy to be at a point in recovery where I could listen & not hear it all personally... because WOW does she have some issues with ME.

It's so hard to see someone trapped inside that kind of hell & know that they can change things... but that they have to reach out for help before you can really help them. She's at this point of accepting her dysfunctionas something she HAS to live with forever. "It is what it is"
Old 11-17-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I cooked a kickass Thanksgiving dinner. I've never made one by myself, but I did a good job. Best turkey advice I've ever been given is to pull it out occasionally and dump a bunch of olive oil over the top. It works! After we ate, we took a long walk around the neighborhood after dark and just played and were happy. We finished the evening watching old silly movies.