Just popping in to say hello

Old 11-12-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just popping in to say hello

I am doing okay. My BF is not living here anymore. He was recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder and is hopefully, finally getting the treatment he needs. This is sooooo hard for me because I was in almost the same position in 2007. Untreated bipolar. Drinking. Ruining my marriage. I'm lucky and grateful to have a support system that helped get me through it. It wasn't easy, and managing it for life isn't either. Some days it's really depressing.

It is November and getting cold and he could possibly be homeless. He does have a few very limited options open to him and I have to let go and let things take their course.

It is so hard. So ******* incredibly hard when you love someone. It's not that I want to take care of him. I just wanted to have a good life together. Yes, I am taking care of myself. Trying to be good to myself. It doesn't change the fact that it hurts terribly to lose someone you love.

Thanks for listening.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry! Hugs and prayers sent your way, readerbaby.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry RB but I think you've done the right thing for both of you.
Hugs and please keep up the self-care.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((((readerbaby)))). I am very sorry sorry to hear that you are hurting. Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((((((hugs))))))))
Old 11-12-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Many hugs being sent your way. Many good thoughts for peace and healing for both you and your BF
Old 11-12-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am glad to hear from you! I am so sorry things are difficult. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

You are right, loving someone while they make bad choices is hard. However, letting yourself be dragged down the rabbit hole is a big mistake, and I am glad you are not going that route.

How is the writing going??
Old 11-12-2014, 07:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey RB. Been thinking of you writing buddy. Are you doing NaNoWritMo this year? I'm sitting it out myself.
Sounds like a tough time with your guy. Cold as it is, he's probably doing alright. I always imagined my ex on the streets dying without me, but he's actually thriving, making it somewhat on his own.
I just got a big, beautiful stack of books. Great stuff. Some online from Book Outlet. A Sylvia Plath bio of her month in NYC. A fantasy novel about medieval female assasins (Robin Lefevre). A couple of Sarah Dunant novels- one historical, one contemporary. Also picked up some Tami Hoag and Patricia Cornwell thrillers at the library sale.
Yes I've been binge reading. It's good weather to curl up with a book in bed (or a hot bath) and a nice cup of tea. I've been all about Lemon Zinger with a spoonful of honey lately.
Take care. Hugs.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes, it does hurt. I once read that we sometimes struggle with the doing the right thing when it comes with pain. Something in us says "it hurts, therefore it must be wrong". More often than not, the right the is the painful thing. I once had to let go of someone I cared for by literally putting him (his name) in my "God box". And now as I think of it in hindsight...gosh darn it, it worked : )

Bright blessings and warm hugs.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I've been wondering how you're doing. Sending you giant hugs RB.