What makes you happy today?

Old 11-11-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What makes you happy today?

Blossom717 said in another post,
Practice enjoying the moment you are in
and as a notorious future-tripper, I realized that's something I do need to do, and work on.

So -- what makes you happy today?

Me? I'm happy about the snow that's wrapped our little town in new clothes, the way it muffles the sound of traffic, and the way it allows me to break out my boots and sweaters and scarves and switch from water to hot tea at my desk!

how about you?
Old 11-11-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am happy that I am warm and that my children and I have the means to have a warm home and clothing. Happy I am laughing with my coworkers this morning. Happy to watch my little DD get out her brownie sash for marching in the Veterans Day parade later today.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am happy I have a good job where I can work from home if needed. I was able to make breakfast for kids this morning and now we are cuddled up!
Old 11-11-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So many things!! I just updated my 100 Happy Days & I was thinking about how happy I am that I started that "challenge" because it REALLY has helped me to pay attention to the smaller details in my day & recognize gratitude on many levels. It's also been a great exercise when I have a crappy day & can then reflect on it & search for that nugget of happiness that occurred..... and finding that there is ALWAYS at least one.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

New Jeans, that have that have that make my a** look perfect, factor!
Old 11-11-2014, 09:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Today Im happy just to be working with
my potted plants giving them lots of love,
added soil and preparing to place them in
a warm spot as cold weather will be reaching
us down here in Baton Rouge any day now.

Christmas Music playing on my little radio,
already, lol, and enjoying the moment with
no stress, no traffic, only Winter birds coming
by to visit saying hello and thinking of our
next year road trip on our bike to Daytona
and Sturgis.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

FireSprite, I'm sorry -- I didn't mean to start a competing thread, I simply forgot about that one!!! But hey, if we are happy on several threads, that's a good thing, right?
Old 11-11-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh, gosh, YES! I was only laughing because I had *just* realized I had fallen behind/caught up & then this was the next post I read, lol!

There's NO competition in happiness - we all win!
Old 11-11-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The things that are making me happy today -
a hot fire in subzero temps,
this cute new shirt I found for $4 (thank you Macys),
planning a nice meal for tonight,
chit chatting like soul mates half the night last night with a friend I've had for a long time that I never knew how insanely similar we were,
and reveling a bit in my personal growth and newfound ability to let things go and just be happy (despite the circumstances at work, home, or with my family.)

Good thread Lil - life is good and i love the reminders!
Old 11-11-2014, 09:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I recently found this song on Thich Nhat Hanh's website and it makes me very happy every time I listen to it!

This Is It! | Plum Village
Old 11-11-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
Oh, gosh, YES! I was only laughing because I had *just* realized I had fallen behind/caught up & then this was the next post I read, lol!

There's NO competition in happiness - we all win!
Amen to that! Today, I am happy that I no longer live in denial and that I feel strong enough to stand up to bullying and manipulation, whereas before I would crumble and back down.

I am also extremely excited about the weather here; it's finally going to be below 80 and I can break out my boots and sweaters....yeah, nobody laugh, but when it gets below 60 I freeze my tush off here. My blood is so thin from the heat in the desert, LOL! I am planning all kinds of hikes and just worked with my trainer this AM so that I can work on my physical strength too!
Old 11-11-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

What makes me happy today? I attended an amazing alanon meeting this morning. I am remaining strong even after my abf confronted me about ro court date! He whirled hateful nasty belittling comments to me and I started to fire back but then just walked away. That's progress right? I am very happy so much so that I have started decorating for Christmas! It's my favorite time of the year but frankly the last two years have been sad, lonely and overwhelming as I was with my afb. I know it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but I am doing what makes ME happy!
Old 11-11-2014, 11:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Firesprite and lilamy--both awesome threads...and so good to read...thank you.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

What makes ME happy?

Being nice to other people.

Whether there is cause or not.

Sort of like planting flowers.

You often get what you plant.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

And even if we don't...smiling and being nice to others makes me feel better.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Roaring fire, sleepy dogs beside me, first Christmassy light string up. In four weeks time, I will be moved in to my new home, with big garden for the dogs, roses round the door, vegetable garden and chickens. My move date is exactly 365 days to the day since I finally got up the courage to leave my AH. I was dreading the holidays - had to get through before I could leave. This year, I'll be spending Christmas Day with my close family, and a delightful elderly friend who lost his elder son to alcoholism this summer. I have so much to be happy about .... Not least of all the support I've had from all you kind people x
Old 11-12-2014, 12:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

What makes me happy? The crisp air on my way to work in the afternoon, running on my treadmill listening to music, eating nice meals at night, cuddling up on my couch in my warm blanket at night, sleeping soundly at night and not waking up with hangovers anymore, getting my back massages, and, of course, looking forward to our Caribbean cruise this March!
Old 11-12-2014, 04:58 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

So yesterday, in honor of Veteran's Day, I invited a 75 year-old Navy war veteran to speak to my classes. He told his story and answered a lot of questions, but also spoke about life and what makes it work. It's not easy to keep 14 and 15 year olds captivated for 45-minute stretches, but he did it, all day long.

Watching him teach them made me happy! Best part of my day yesterday.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm happy to be so blessed with a good job that gets me up and out of the house every day and feel like I'm contributing to society and interacting with fulfilling people. I'm happy for my loving husband. I'm happy with my two wonderful, loving dogs that are my children. I'm happy for the changing seasons. I'm happy to have learned (FINALLY) how to set personal boundaries and remove the toxic relationships from my life AND BE REALLY OK WITH IT. I'm blessed!
Old 11-12-2014, 08:40 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

So happy to wake up with my sweet, happy, warm, cuddly babies on either side of me, and AH too Though I'm quite unsure of what the future holds for AH and me, I am happy for the sweet moments that we have had together lately.