Notices

Results on my Monday

Old 11-10-2014, 07:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Results on my Monday

Just writing in to report that the new Monday routine did set me up for a good day, despite some difficult conversations today. So nice to have my flowers and treats to look forward to, and the tagine tastes great.

Yesterday was a bit of a challenge. Sort of newish friends came over for dinner and football. They brought a bottle of wine over from a day's wine tasting. Didn't imbibe, and certainly made the day better today that I didn't, but I don't like putting myself in temptation's way either. My next issue to tackle is that my partner never really knew how much I drank: I was a bit of a private drinker and like you, snowbunting, I'd drink a lot when alone. I think he thinks my not drinking is sort of a healthy purging, which I do occasionally, but I'm not sure what he would say if I said, I can never drink again. I'm sure he'd be supportive, but I also think he'd be surprised.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad you had a good Monday. I hid a lot of my drinking from others too, and when the time was right it did tell some of those close to me, it was helpful to do so for me at least. I would be willing to bet that if your partner supports your current abstinence that long term will be fine too!