Its been a while.

Old 11-10-2014, 01:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Its been a while.

I want to say I wish I had listened, I wish I took your advice. I wish I had walked away two years ago. But I can't. Because I had to come to this in my own time. To see with my own eyes that everything said here was true. That my addict is not different. That things didn't get better because she wasn't ready. Everyone onthis board is amazing. Wise. And to be listened to. And everyone who comes here looking for advice will probably walk their own walk till they are ready to hear what is being said. Those that can come here, read, listen, and make wise decisions without having to learn the hard way, I admire you and raise my hands. I wish I didn't have to learn the hard way. This has been the hardest two years of my life(aside from my own stuff before I met my addict) and I have learned so much. And I can say without a doubt that everything I read on here was true. This is experience speaking on these boards. These people have walked in our shoes. And when they say run, we should listen. They have fought the battle and lost, just like we are doing right now. This was never our fight. And they are trying to spare us from the hell they have experienced. Well, now I am one of them. And most newcomers won't listen because they aren't ready. Someday you will know. Save yourself. It is the only person you can save. Thank you SR. Maybe one day soon I will post details of the last two years. I'm astounded at some of it, not to mention embarrassed. But I keep telling myself at least I'm still here. And maybe my story will matter.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your story matters.
A great deal.
Trust us on this one.

You ARE still here. Alive and breathing.
THAT is all that matters.

Vale
Old 11-10-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

We each travel the road of recovery at our own pace, there was no slower learner than me, but I kept going and one day I "arrived" at a place of inner peace and beauty.

I ask with Vale, please share your story, it matters to me and to newcomers here who may or may not listen, but we all learn and we all walk together and every single story is important because it helps the old timers remember where they came from and helps the newcomers find inspiration and hope for their journey ahead.

I will make tea and cheesecake. Vale will put out the comfy chairs. When you are ready, please share because we are listening.

Thank you for coming here now, and my prayers go out for better tomorrows for you because the lessons of yesterday will make you wiser on your journey.

Hugs
Old 11-10-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Tears in eyes and lump in throat--listen to Vale and Ann. Your story matters...I read it and you spoke for me...word for word...it doesn't matter what was in those two years...your story is mine and you helped me. I am here and I started here almost two years ago and also was given wisdom...but I am listening to the wise ones here who know that the we all travel this journey at our own pace and that it is always our story...although we can gain strength and wisdom from those who have gone before. I yearn for the inner peace...and am not there. I am taking each step slowly and each step is hard. Please keep telling your story...it helps me and others.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
They have fought the battle and lost
I don't quite look at things quite that way.

The only battles that we have regarding the addicts in our lives are the battles we have with ourselves. And it's when we accept things for what they are that we're free. By that standard, I won my battle and have prospered ever since my AXGF split.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome back!

I agree, it's a process and one you don't get to until you are ready in your own head to accept.

I am glad you are here. While I am sorry for all you have been through, it sounds like you are in a place of acceptance that things have to change, FOR YOU!

xxx
Old 11-10-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for your kind words. Truly. I will share the rest, I will.

Zoso, I just meant the battle against the drugs/addiction. We can't win that one cause it wasn't our fight to begin with. But all on here who have won their lives and their serenity back, yes for sure they have won.