Consequences Suck

Old 07-30-2004, 01:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Consequences Suck

Every time we start to move forward in a more positive way a Consequence comes along knocks us down. We had to file bankrupcy thanks to the Alcoholism and the A's lying about paying bills. Yesterday one of the creditors came by and picked up my wedding ring. I had the ring made last year when my A asked me to remarry him (prior to realizing what a problem We had on our hands). I felt very sentimental about the ring. My Sober A told me that he was glad that they took the ring b/c it gives him an opportunity to buy me a ring with his money and help make a new beginning for us. I thought that was very sweet. I feel like I can't pay my bills. I struggle for money all the time. He is not working at current. He goes to two meetings a day and takes care of our kids while they are out of school. That is important. That way he can work on his recovery and take care of the most important people in the world. I think stay at home parents have the most important job they just do not get paid. School starts in two weeks. He has started looking for a night job so that he can be home with the kids when they come home from school. I know in my heart that things are going to get better. I am trying very hard not to worry and let God have the problems. It is just so frustrating to start doing better than have one of those consequences creep up and bite you on the butt. I'm sure we have many more to go through. I can say that my sober A is handling a lot more of the responsibility around the consequences. I feel that burden lessened on me. Anyways...how did you guys handle the consequences when the popped up
Old 07-30-2004, 01:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so sorry. It seems like we always pay the consequences while the A's walk around oblivious to anything.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jane Doe
I am so sorry. It seems like we always pay the consequences while the A's walk around oblivious to anything.
I have to respectfully disagree here. They pay heavy duty consequences. Loss of jobs, loss of friends, loss of family, loss of loved ones, loss of self-respect...it's a long list, I won't put it all here. There are consequences on both sides of this thing, no doubt in my mind.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with you Gabe to some extent. They have consequences but how often do they learn from them? do they really suffer the consequences that we do? They just end up going right back and doing the things that cause all the problems and we have to pick up all the pieces. I suffer more from the loss of friends. He has his beer. I suffer from the financial loss. He has his beer.
I don't think he's suffering at all. He enjoys his beer. :beerchug: