Just saying hi

Old 11-08-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just saying hi

Some people have checked on me today and that was so thoughtful. I wanted to let you guys know I'm safe and I'm doing ok. I got hair extensions today. My hair has been falling out in clumps from the stress and it looked so bad. Like I was balding. So now I feel beautiful again. Pretty healthy hair. I decided today would be love yourself day. Happy love yourself day everybody!!! Give yourself a treat today because you are worth it and you deserve to be treated well too.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you for doing something for yourself!! I treated myself to Botox & Restalyn this week & I feel great! You deserve to treat yourself & feel pretty!
Old 11-08-2014, 07:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mischa!!! ((((hugs)))) I'm glad you're OK. Please keep checking in when you can and want to -- it's a relief to know that you're not just safe but taking care of yourself!
Old 11-08-2014, 09:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hugs Mischa. I guess great minds think alike. I had a long week working extra jobs so I treated myself to some retail therapy.
I used to lose a lot of hair until I changed up my beauty routine. I switched to natural sulfate and paraben free shampoo/conditioner and started washing my hair 3x a week instead of every day. I do a rinse with apple cider vinegar after shampooing then leave the conditioner on for a couple of minutes while I clean my smelly bits.
Also had a great Alanon meeting tonight. I actually thought about skipping because I got up early for the district meeting this morning and ran around shopping all day like a sale-crazed maniac, but I went anyway. We had a couple of newcomers and the guy leading the meeting decided to have all of us tell the story of how we came to Alanon, which was a really good experience.
Great thread. Thanks.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Retail therapy. I disappeared most of the day doing that after dropping my parents off at the airport.

I get in a total daze at TJ Maxx and all of a sudden my H was saying hi!!! He had popped in and spotted me. He was kind and didn't text me once!