What I am Doing For ME Today

Old 11-08-2014, 10:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What I am Doing For ME Today

Today I am stopping obsessive thoughts. STOP.

Staying hydrated.

Resting when tired.

Eating healthy and enjoyable foods.

Grateful for roof over my head, my health, my dog, blessings, and little miracles.

Maybe getting a massage tonight.
Old 11-08-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good plan for a relaxing day.
Old 11-08-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Please add yours!
Old 11-08-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Burning incense right now.

My yard is being magically cleaned and beautified by gardeners.

I am going to wash my dog (got skunked last night) - this is for me, so I can enjoy a clean dog scent!

I am going to clean my house and I am grateful I have the strength and desire to do it. It's great to have a clean house!
Old 11-08-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I walked two miles this morning. Now I'm going to work outside a bit in the yard. I love plants and gardening, it is so restorative to me to take care of them. My back, unfortunately, does not love it. But if I can get some of the plants trimmed, and cut down the ferns that constantly re-grow where I don't want them I'm happy.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great thread, seek!

Last night I attended a crystal & Tibetan bowl concert/ meditation. It was incredible, very healing!

This morning I had an ashiatsu massage. My therapist is very intuitive, paying attention to my body instead of following a cookie-cutter routine & I always get exactly what I need most out of each session.

DD & I spent the rest of the day doing mindless sale shopping, library, etc.

Tonight...... DIY facials (homemade), soak in some salts & pedicures.

We also had ice cream sundaes for lunch.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I love hearing how everyone is taking care of themselves. After the gardener left, I walked down to the bakery with my clean doggie and got a special breakfast sandwich, which I came home and heated up in the oven.

Then I watered my garden (I am also terrifically restored by gardening and I especially love watering) and then did the house cleaning. I live in a very small cottage so it didn't take long.

I was going to go to Trader Joe's - cuz I need stuff - but decided to rest instead (I did have the holding my breath thing again and I am kind of scaring myself with that). So now I am in my comfy chair and will read and hang out and probably get a massage later on.

And the mailman just left a package at my door!
Old 11-08-2014, 01:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thursday I was tired from hauling the patio furniture to the warehouse at work, so after I finished work at both jobs, I took a nice hot vanilla bubble bath. AAAAAHHHHHH!!

Last night I had a WONDERFUL dinner--a salad of romaine, mango, red onion, jicama and avocado w/a lime-cilantro dressing and then some truly fantastic tamales (one cheese, one green chile) that the wife of one of the cooks at work made for me. OMG, it was absolutely the best dinner, and exactly what I needed!

Today I went to the library and got some books, just started "The Kitchen God's Wife" by Amy Tan, who is someone I've never read before.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Gratitude makes all the difference.

I'm doing a deeper-than-usual weekly housecleaning today. Getting things organized gives me peace.

I'm going outside to rake leaves in a little while.

But right now, I'm sitting in my comfortable armchair with my feet up, working on some writing.

And I'm so grateful for all that I have. And for having the time and space to relax.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It has been a good day. Got that massage. Loved it. I feel bad for the massage therapist, however, as she has no days off - as in zero, ever and she is exhausted. I don't understand the situation . . . I believe that is against the law . . . but for some reason the people at the massage place think it has to be that way.

Feel much better. Looking forward to more healing tomorrow.
Old 11-09-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Today I am taking the day off Yay!

This morning grocery shopping. Cleaning the house. Have marinated some ribs for dinner and RAH and I will be watching football today and then the walking dead tonight.

A relaxing day for me I love starting my week with the house cleaned and organized, meals planned out, and spending sunday just chilling and being with my husband.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Going to go get a cup of coffee outside the apartment.

If I have the energy...will go to an annual antique show in town (haven't made it the past few days but will try).

Thanks for the post--it is good for me to see what other people are doing as when I am working to come out of a down...I can't think of what taking care of me is...but I have been resting so that is good--got really overstressed and overtired from the job pace.

Then I start to obsess on what is wrong with me.

Yesterday a woman called (a very safe woman who is indirectly tied to my heroin addict daughter) called and prayed with me and read me scripture and it was a small miracle as haven't heard from her in 4 1/2 months and the fear is always there.

Listing my gratitudes and last night had a person to person talk with another friend who I met on a parents of addicts site...and it was really good...and gave me a bit of energy.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I am in NJ for my grandmother's funeral. I decided on the way up to drive to NYC tomorrow afternoon & see an old friend. Very last minute, don't even have enough clothes with me. Tuesday is a holiday, so why not!! Very excited to go have some much needed fun. I deserve it.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
Today I went to a svaroopa yoga class. Super relaxing. I felt like jello when I left. I'm surprised I didn't crash the car. It was awesome.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

went to an antique show yesterday...it was good...also saw some christian friend/sellers who I have now known for many years and they know all my trials...they hugged me and ministered to me and it was good.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Today I drank lots of water, and stayed away from sugary snacks
Tomorrow, off for Veterans Day, and having lunch at the park with my babies and two dear friends from high school. I don't see friends nearly as much as I used to or would like to. It is always helpful for me to see old friends, makes me feel normal again!
Looking forward to it